Old 27-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Bob

Default hawthorn hedge

Hi

anyone got experience of removing a mature hawthorn hedge - is it a
difficult job in terms of root removal?

thanks

Old 28-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Bob

Nick

Its about 6-7 foot high and 3-5 foot deep. 50-60 foot in length - I'm trying
to estimate time/cost of removal for fencing replacement

thanks

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Bob wrote:

anyone got experience of removing a mature hawthorn hedge - is it a
difficult job in terms of root removal?

How big? It is harder than privet and easier than yew.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 29-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Nick Wagg

"Bob" wrote in message
Nick

Its about 6-7 foot high and 3-5 foot deep. 50-60 foot in length - I'm

trying
to estimate time/cost of removal for fencing replacement

Do you really have to get rid of it? A hedge that size should be a real
refuge for wildlife.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 29-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Nick Wagg
writes
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Nick

Its about 6-7 foot high and 3-5 foot deep. 50-60 foot in length - I'm

trying
to estimate time/cost of removal for fencing replacement

Do you really have to get rid of it? A hedge that size should be a real
refuge for wildlife.

I agree.
Could you not have someone come in and lay it - or even try to do it
yourself?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Bob wrote:

anyone got experience of removing a mature hawthorn hedge - is it a
difficult job in terms of root removal?

How big? It is harder than privet and easier than yew.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Hawthorn Hedge Disaster - Help! hels_bells Gardening 1 22-05-2012 03:01 AM
Hawthorn Hedge squirreluk Gardening 3 30-11-2009 11:44 AM
Hawthorn hedge Mad Phil United Kingdom 3 28-09-2009 01:04 PM
Bare Hawthorn Hedge squirreluk Gardening 5 15-02-2009 11:18 PM
Holly hedge - how do you get the hawthorn trees out? Peter Boulton United Kingdom 4 15-09-2004 08:27 AM