Old 28-04-2004, 09:06 PM
gitfinger

Default Wisteria

Any suggestions on how / when to propagate wisteria cuttings would be great.

My neighbour has a beautiful example and I would like to take cuttings. So
far all attempts have failed.

Ta

Git

Old 28-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Brian

I would not bother. They are grafted and this is difficult. Seeds are
possible but would not be likely to produce a worthwhile specimen.
Best is to buy one from the garden centre but expect them to be expensive
as a lot of time and work has been involved.
Best Wishes.

Old 28-04-2004, 10:08 PM
PK

gitfinger wrote:
Any suggestions on how / when to propagate wisteria cuttings would be
great.

My neighbour has a beautiful example and I would like to take
cuttings. So far all attempts have failed.

I think layering is more likely to work than cuttings. Do you know how to?

pk

Old 29-04-2004, 08:38 PM
gitfinger

"PK" wrote in message
I think layering is more likely to work than cuttings. Do you know how to?

pk

Simple, air or sepantine?

Alright I admit, I looked it up in a book and I'll try all 3.

Thanks PK.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Charlie Pridham

"gitfinger" wrote in message

"PK" wrote in message
I think layering is more likely to work than cuttings. Do you know how

to?

pk

Simple, air or sepantine?

Alright I admit, I looked it up in a book and I'll try all 3.

Thanks PK.

You can also do hard wood cuttings in January, they do not have to grafted
as has been suggested and some nurseries are set up to do semi ripe cuttings
in August but this requires expertise which I don't have so I stick to the
hard woods in winter :~) Layering is as has been suggested a good sure way
of obtaining a plant in about a year.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

[IBC] wisteria luc tran Bonsai 2 23-03-2003 05:20 PM
Wisteria Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 14-03-2003 06:08 PM
Wisteria Question Lilly Gardening 10 19-02-2003 03:27 AM
Wisteria! Cereoid+10 Gardening 0 23-01-2003 07:28 PM
Wisteria!! GrampysGurl Gardening 1 23-01-2003 06:09 PM