Old 08-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Lyn

Default which fruit tree?

Further to my other post about the fence that needs covering (without
spending a lot) - would it be possible to train a fruit tree to cover the
fence? I know this would perhaps not fulfil my wish to cover it quickly,
but I'm warming to the idea of waiting a while in exchange for fruit that
wouldn;t take up a lot of space to grow ....is this a silly idea and if not
what type/variety should I be looking for please?

Lyn

Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Harry Ziman

"Lyn" wrote in message
Further to my other post about the fence that needs covering (without
spending a lot) - would it be possible to train a fruit tree to cover the
fence? I know this would perhaps not fulfil my wish to cover it quickly,
but I'm warming to the idea of waiting a while in exchange for fruit that
wouldn;t take up a lot of space to grow ....is this a silly idea and if

not
what type/variety should I be looking for please?

Lyn

You need to do your research into the types of fruit tree, its forms, root
stock and pollination needs and so on. You could try
http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk to start with.