GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowery dog name needed! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60975-flowery-dog-name-needed.html)

Derek Turner 11-05-2004 10:26 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

On 09 May 2004 21:43:14 GMT, (MallowKat) wrote:

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Whatever you choose, make sure that it starts witha strong explosive
sybillant (sp?) as that is what the dog will respond to. Poppy is very
good as it has two, Holly OTOH has none.

martin 11-05-2004 10:27 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

On Mon, 10 May 2004 23:29:05 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

This all reminds me of when in the late 60's just after I had got married.
We were living in a flat in Hastings, and were coming home one Sunday
afternoon, Just got out of the car when this Little child from a few doors
down ran out of her gate chasing a puppy as fast as her little legs would
allow. She was follower shortly after by her very embarrassed mother.......
Why embarrassed? I hear you ask. Well....
As she chased the pup she was calling out "Come here piddle pup, come here
piddle pup".

Children....don't you love them.

I thought it was going to be called "Porky" :-)

Derek Turner 11-05-2004 10:28 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

On 09 May 2004 21:43:14 GMT, (MallowKat) wrote:

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

as someone once wisely said, every puppy thinks its name is NO!

Sacha 11-05-2004 12:09 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Derek Turner11/5/04 9:28

On 09 May 2004 21:43:14 GMT,
(MallowKat) wrote:

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name.
So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

as someone once wisely said, every puppy thinks its name is NO!

Someone working here once said that our two (Russell & Bromley) probably
thought their names were Shut UP and Get DOWN.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Howard Neil 11-05-2004 01:04 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Sacha wrote:

Someone working here once said that our two (Russell & Bromley) probably
thought their names were Shut UP and Get DOWN.

With names like that, I would have thought SHOO was a more common
command. :-)

--
Howard Neil

Frogleg 11-05-2004 01:05 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

On 09 May 2004 21:43:14 GMT, (MallowKat) wrote:

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Petunia.

My calico cat is Marigold.

martin 11-05-2004 02:14 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:58:05 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Derek Turner11/5/04 9:28

On 09 May 2004 21:43:14 GMT, (MallowKat) wrote:

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name.
So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

as someone once wisely said, every puppy thinks its name is NO!

Someone working here once said that our two (Russell & Bromley) probably
thought their names were Shut UP and Get DOWN.

LOL some have a husband with a similar name :-)

Sacha 11-05-2004 05:14 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Howard Neil11/5/04 12:23

Sacha wrote:

Someone working here once said that our two (Russell & Bromley) probably
thought their names were Shut UP and Get DOWN.

With names like that, I would have thought SHOO was a more common
command. :-)

Oh *very* good! ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Janet Baraclough.. 11-05-2004 06:07 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Yucca (Yuck for short?)

Reminds me of a Canadian friend's dog named Yaktuk, which means
something like "snowman" in Inuit. Outside of his adoring family, the
farty canine was universally known as Yuktak.

Janet.

Gloxinia 12-05-2004 07:17 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

"MallowKat" wrote in message
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Thankyou

Lilly is such a nice name and Sonja would be good ..

Gloxinia 12-05-2004 07:17 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message

"MallowKat" wrote in message
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Thankyou

Collie-Flower?

LOL ... thank you for the first laugh oof the day ... thats a priceless

name..