GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowery dog name needed! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60975-flowery-dog-name-needed.html)

MallowKat 09-05-2004 11:08 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Thankyou

Kay Easton 09-05-2004 11:08 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

In article , MallowKat
writes
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

You're forgetting all the old fashioned ones! ;-)
Rose, Rosemary, Lily, Iris, Violet, May, Pansy

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Emrys Davies 10-05-2004 12:07 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

http://www.dogomania.com/names/type/flowers.shtml

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Janet Baraclough.. 10-05-2004 12:08 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article , MallowKat
writes
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery
name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,
Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

You're forgetting all the old fashioned ones! ;-)
Rose, Rosemary, Lily, Iris, Violet, May, Pansy

Aaaargggghhhh. Pretty flowery names might do for a ditsy labrador, but
puhlease, give a border collie a proper dog name that it won't be
ashamed of in public :-) Traditionally, border collies use a plain
single syllable name.

Janet.

David Hill 10-05-2004 01:09 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

If you want a good garden related name then why not call it Post,
Then when calling it you can go to the door and call
Come post.....

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Sacha 10-05-2004 01:12 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

MallowKat9/5/04 10:43

Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy, Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Dilys. I have no idea why.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Tim Nicholson 10-05-2004 09:04 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:19:09 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article , MallowKat
writes
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery
name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,
Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

You're forgetting all the old fashioned ones! ;-)
Rose, Rosemary, Lily, Iris, Violet, May, Pansy

Aaaargggghhhh. Pretty flowery names might do for a ditsy labrador, but
puhlease, give a border collie a proper dog name that it won't be
ashamed of in public :-) Traditionally, border collies use a plain
single syllable name.

Janet.

Such as Bo, Fig, Ivy, May, Pia, Sal?

Incidentally, one of my retrievers is called 'Holly' - but Ditsy's not
in Chambers, and is a word I've not come across before. Which
particular Labrador trait is it describing?

Tim

Joanne 10-05-2004 10:13 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

"MallowKat" wrote in message
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Please, please, please, DO NOT call it Holly. If I hear of one more dog
named Holly, I'll scream --- probably because my daughter is named Holly
(she was born at Christmas). IMHO, dogs should have "proper" dog names,
like Rover, Spot, Scruffy, Lady, but not "human" names.

Nick Wagg 10-05-2004 11:04 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

"MallowKat" wrote in message
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Euphorbia, Skimmia, Calendula...
--
Nick Wagg

Sacha 10-05-2004 11:05 AM

Flowery dog name needed!

Nick Wagg10/5/04 10:34

"MallowKat" wrote in message
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Euphorbia, Skimmia, Calendula...

A friend of mine had a dog named Agapanthus - Pantha to her friends. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Rhiannon S 10-05-2004 12:03 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Subject: Flowery dog name needed!
From: Janet Baraclough..
Date: 09/05/2004 23:19 GMT Daylight Time
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article , MallowKat
writes
Hello

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery
name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,
Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

You're forgetting all the old fashioned ones! ;-)
Rose, Rosemary, Lily, Iris, Violet, May, Pansy

Aaaargggghhhh. Pretty flowery names might do for a ditsy labrador, but
puhlease, give a border collie a proper dog name that it won't be
ashamed of in public :-) Traditionally, border collies use a plain
single syllable name.

Nonono, border collies have long mulitword names:

Oiyoudamnthingc'mere
youstroppyanimal
wait'tilIgetmyhandsonyou
don'tburythatthere
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/

Bob Hobden 10-05-2004 12:05 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

I'm getting a border collie bitch soon and she needs pretty flowerery

name. So
far I've come up with ... Willow, Poppy, Rowan, Holly, Sorrel, Tansy,

Daisy,
Fern, Saffron and Jasmine. Can anyone think of any more?

Euphorbia, Skimmia, Calendula...

A friend of mine had a dog named Agapanthus - Pantha to her friends. ;-)
--

We have a female cat called officially Chrysanthemum, who would want to open
the front door and calling out that late at night.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

Howard Neil 10-05-2004 01:07 PM

Flowery dog name needed!

Bob Hobden wrote:

We have a female cat called officially Chrysanthemum, who would want to open
the front door and calling out that late at night.
It's why she is now Coco after the rather nice feminine perfume, much more
suitable.

I remember Coco as a very famous clown. :-(

--
Howard Neil