Old 11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Paul Taylor

Default Bay Tree in a pot - looking sad - what to do?

Hi,

I have a Bay Tree in a pot. I have had it for three years. The first
year its leaves were plentiful, green and healthy looking. Its been
pruned into a standard. It is about 4ft tall, the trunk is about 1.5 to
2 inches thick, so I guess is was quite mature when I got it.

Now, the leaves are yellowing, some are falling off. It does have some
flower buds on at the moment, but alas it still looks sad!

I am considering what to do with it:

(1) Maybe just replace the compost?
(2) Maybe a bigger pot? - the one I have it in is about 18 inches
diameter, 18 inches deep.
(3) Or maybe I just need to feed it with something that Bay tree's
respond well to?

If anyone could suggest how I might try to revive it, I would be very
pleased.

Thanks,

Paul.

--