Old 17-05-2004, 09:27 PM
john west++++

Default large damaging tree of neighbours

hi, my friend has a neighbour who has a large sycamore treeing growing
within a couple of feet of his house and he has worries about it damaging
his foundations. also the neighbour has piled rubbish against his fence
which is damaging it. (scaffolding poles distorting the wooden panes).

he has written to the neighbour (who lets the house and is never there) with
no response. could he; 1. poison the tree and 2. push all the rubbish away?
or what should he do? thanking you for any advice. john west

Old 17-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Mike

hi, my friend has a neighbour who has a large sycamore treeing growing
within a couple of feet of his house and he has worries about it damaging
his foundations. also the neighbour has piled rubbish against his fence
which is damaging it. (scaffolding poles distorting the wooden panes).

he has written to the neighbour (who lets the house and is never there)

with
no response. could he; 1. poison the tree and 2. push all the rubbish

away?
or what should he do? thanking you for any advice. john west

Put it in the hands of his property insurance company.

Old 18-05-2004, 06:10 AM
nambucca

"john west++++" wrote in message
hi, my friend has a neighbour who has a large sycamore treeing growing
within a couple of feet of his house and he has worries about it damaging
his foundations. also the neighbour has piled rubbish against his fence
which is damaging it. (scaffolding poles distorting the wooden panes).

he has written to the neighbour (who lets the house and is never there)

with
no response. could he; 1. poison the tree and 2. push all the rubbish

away?
or what should he do? thanking you for any advice. john west

He is perfectly entitled to push the poles and rubbish off his fence
He needs to contact his Buildings Insurers with his concerns over the

foundations viz a viz the Tree ........they will soon sort out the
delinquent owner

Old 18-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Sarah Dale

john west++++ wrote:

he has written to the neighbour (who lets the house and is never there)
with no response. could he; 1. poison the tree and 2. push all the rubbish
away?

If said neighbour employs a letting agent or agency, then your neighbour
should contact them about the tree and rubbish, the agent will then inform
the landlord.

If not, the Council maybe able to help on the rubbish front.

Sarah
Old 19-05-2004, 09:06 PM
John Rouse

In article , nambucca
writes
He needs to contact his Buildings Insurers with his concerns over the

foundations viz a viz the Tree ........they will soon sort out the
delinquent owner

This must be a strange new definition of "soon" with which I am hitherto
unfamiliar.

John
--
John Rouse