Old 11-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Tim Tyler

Default Truffles

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote or quoted:
from "Nick Wagg" contains these words:
"Dave Poole" wrote in message

[Truffles]

Pity because we've had a fair number of hot summers here
since and its a shame to think of those culinary delights sitting
going to waste.

Not a total waste, surely. Won't they be producing more offspring
than they would have done once they had been picked. [...]

As the truffles themselves are the fruit-bodies, leaving them will not
all to the number to be found in subsequent years on that site, though
it might result in distant clones being established elsewhere.

Truffles "want" to be eaten. Their spores survive the digestive
tract of animals. That's why they use imitation sex pheromones
to attract predators ;-)
--

Truffles? Al[_4_] United Kingdom 3 08-04-2009 10:24 AM
Truffles Sir Nigel Dandruff United Kingdom 4 12-05-2003 06:08 PM
(LONG) 22 Years old, but still worth reading. (truffles) Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 3 16-11-2002 10:29 PM
Truffles and James Beard and Psilocybe mushrooms: Oh my! Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 16 14-11-2002 05:42 PM
27 Years Ago: Truffles in California Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 06-11-2002 10:16 AM