Old 23-05-2004, 11:05 AM
martin

Default I have a pot!

On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:39:14 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Moo
writes

Or even worse, if you get someone who top posts, followed by someone who
posts normally but doesn't paste the original reply to the bottom, followed
by someone who top posts!?

And as for people who 'post normally' but don't bother to snip, so you
have to tab down through *four* screens before you get to a reply!

Use the page down key to get to the end of the text.
Old 23-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Cereus-validus

Then there are those who snip out everything previously discussed so that
what they say in their replies make no sense because they have absolutely
nothing at all to do with the original topic and is now only about their own
narcissistic bad self!!!

Who cares if Jenny is a chronically addicted pot-head that would gladly sell
her soul for a doobie?

"JennyC" wrote in message
Several people wrote various things.......

HUGE SNIP

and even worse are people who don't edit posts so that they become three

pages
long and IMO unreadable

Jenny

Old 23-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Cereus-validus

A narcissistic Moo cow with delusions of being normal? How bizarre can you
get?

Do you expect Outlook to reach out and slap someone's hand for not doing
thing to your liking? It just ain't gonna happen, babe!

ROTFLMAO!

"Moo" wrote in message

"Douglas" wrote in message

"Moo" wrote in message

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
Finally you have something to pee in!!!!

Arrgh top-poster!

It has a hole in the bottom so won't be much good for peeing in

would
it??

"Moo" wrote in message

"Moo" wrote in message
After buying a nice set of 3 crock pots from Big W I am left

with
the
smallest which is approx 15cm across.

I would like to put a small house plant in it, but can you
reccommend
one
that:

a) Won't get too big and need transferring to another pot.

b) Doesn't require too much sun.

c) Looks nice throughout the year (does matter if it is plants

all
the
time
or just nice foliage).

Many thanks!

Moo

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
m...
Since you don't like top posters, you probably would prefer to pee

under
the
pot anyway!!!!

No, it is just that top posting is such a pain in the arse!

Example

A: Because it is crap

Q: Why is top posting bad?

************************
Convention. You read from the top downwards and the story enfolds

itself.
With News-Grp's people sweep past all the guff at the top and when they
reach the bottom line to answer they have to seep all the way back up to

the
top.
Doug.
************************

Or even worse, if you get someone who top posts, followed by someone who
posts normally but doesn't paste the original reply to the bottom,

followed
by someone who top posts!? How on earth would you follow that thread
properly! Top posting is bad and it is because of software like Outlook
that people do it so much, Outlook makes no effort to stop people top
posting, in fact it places the cursor complete with a new line, right at

the
top of the message.. grrr.

Old 23-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Moo

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
m...
A narcissistic Moo cow with delusions of being normal? How bizarre can you
get?

Do you expect Outlook to reach out and slap someone's hand for not doing
thing to your liking? It just ain't gonna happen, babe!

ROTFLMAO!

Not that I want to go on about this sort of thing but top-posting is a
widely accepted no-no and the software that the majority of us use to post
should at the very least assist..

Old 23-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:
In article , Moo
writes

Or even worse, if you get someone who top posts, followed by someone who
posts normally but doesn't paste the original reply to the bottom,
followed
by someone who top posts!?

And as for people who 'post normally' but don't bother to snip, so you
have to tab down through *four* screens before you get to a reply!

Use the page down key to get to the end of the text.

If I can't see any reply on the screen I delete and go to the next post.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 23-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Cereus-validus

Oh now you speak for the masses, Moo Goo Guy?

Hail Caesar!!!

At least that's what you were told in grade school, eh?

Old 24-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Moo
writes
Hello kill-file!

I wonder what the point of this is? The person being kf-ed doesn't care,
or at most regards it as one more feather in his cap. And whoever does
the kf-ing usually posts a bit of the rubbish they're reacting to for
the rest of us to see, which is all very well, except those of us who
have *already* kf-ed the idiot have done so because we *didn't* want to
see anything they wrote. And I don't imagine for one minute it has any
sort of deterrent effect. Is the hope that newbies will get to know
that some sort of standards prevail?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 25-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Douglas

"JennyC" wrote in message
Several people wrote various things.......

HUGE SNIP

and even worse are people who don't edit posts so that they become three

pages
long and IMO unreadable

Jenny

*****************************

If everyone did what I have just done at the beginning and end of their
transmissions everybody would lead an easier life.
I don't like the guts of a story snipped out. It kanackers-up the sense of
the thread.
Worst of all are those who snip out all that has gone before and then
replies to
it. They kanacker things up as well.
It's absolutely no bother whatsoever to me to scroll down to where I want to
be.
I'm not a lazy impatient bewger.
Doug.

****************************

Old 25-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Douglas
writes

If everyone did what I have just done at the beginning and end of their
transmissions everybody would lead an easier life.
I don't like the guts of a story snipped out. It kanackers-up the sense of
the thread.
Worst of all are those who snip out all that has gone before and then
replies to
it. They kanacker things up as well.
It's absolutely no bother whatsoever to me to scroll down to where I want to
be.
I'm not a lazy impatient bewger.
Doug.

****************************

It may be no bother to you, but it is to others, and what you are
proposing is a change to the conventions of this group.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 25-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Douglas

"JennyC" wrote in message
Several people wrote various things.......

HUGE SNIP

and even worse are people who don't edit posts so that they become three

pages
long and IMO unreadable

Jenny

************************

Wots a "doobie!, Jenny?
BTW, - My ball-and chain is called Jennie.
So no swearing, If.U.Please!
Tee-hee!.
Doug.

***********************

Old 25-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Douglas" contains these words:

*****************************

If everyone did what I have just done at the beginning and end of their
transmissions everybody would lead an easier life.
I don't like the guts of a story snipped out. It kanackers-up the sense of
the thread.
Worst of all are those who snip out all that has gone before and then
replies to
it. They kanacker things up as well.
It's absolutely no bother whatsoever to me to scroll down to where I want to
be.
I'm not a lazy impatient bewger.
Doug.

****************************

There is no need for the lines of asterisks.
Editing posts you reply to is normal usenet practice.
Making other people scroll through pages of unnecessary quotations is
the fast track to being ignored by many regular users of this group.
Encouraging abusive trolls by reposting their trash for them, is
another fast track to joining them in the killfile.

There's a weekly post called abc fornewcomers to urg which may be
useful to you.

Janet.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Douglas

wrote:

In article , Moo
writes

Or even worse, if you get someone who top posts, followed by someone who
posts normally but doesn't paste the original reply to the bottom,

followed
by someone who top posts!?

And as for people who 'post normally' but don't bother to snip, so you
have to tab down through *four* screens before you get to a reply!

Use the page down key to get to the end of the text.

*******
You have rescued my sanity!.
As if I didn't have enough problems with 'Er Indoors..
(Seriously), where is the "page down" icon? How can I find it - but fast.
(Ah! I see it!- bottom right on the small top-right key cluster!. Moochas
grassyass!.
Tried it - very useful. Tks vy moocho!.
I'm off to my garden shed now,with newspaper and hip flask akimbo.
It's peaceful in there.
Doug.
*******