Old 24-05-2004, 08:03 AM
gary davis

Default slug control and coffee...?

On 5/20/04 6:03 AM, in article nW2rc.51$wm4.30@newsfe3-gui, "good golly miss
Molly" wrote:

"Vicky" wrote in message
How can I get rid of the little gits that keep eating my lettuce plants -

an
inch high and eaten overnight. :-(

I don't want to use pellets so what alternatives are there apart from not
growing lettuce?

Vicky

Good for you. Slug pellets are nasty things and I for one am convinced that
they kill hedgehogs by secondary poisoning.
Try this.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...c+slug+control

I have heard that coffee will kill slugs. Not sure if it is the liquid
or the grounds. If anyone uses coffee in your garden area do you have any
problems with slugs? The suggestion being that if you use coffee and you
have no slug problem then maybe coffee will work. Not sure if it kills them
or repels them. I'm just wondering...
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada