Old 25-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Jeannie

Default Brussel Sprout Problems

Just wondered if anyone could help me out with identifying a problem with my
brussel sprouts.

The plants are still quite small (approx. 9" high) and they have been out
for a couple of weeks. They have been looking really healthy up until now.
Last night I noticed that some of the plants seem to have small holes in the
leaves. Also, on the underside of some of the leaves are white flaky bits
which fall off when you touch the leaf. They don't look too bad at the
moment but I want to nip any diseases / pests in the bud at the early stage.
Any ideas (organic if possible)?

Jeannie

Old 25-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Dwayne

I don't know it this is your problem or not, but I have had worms get into
my cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts every year. I get some insect spray
that is safe on veggies and spray them down a couple of times a season.

Dwayne

Old 25-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Bob Hobden

"Jeannie" wrote in message
Just wondered if anyone could help me out with identifying a problem with

my
brussel sprouts.

The plants are still quite small (approx. 9" high) and they have been out
for a couple of weeks. They have been looking really healthy up until

now.
Last night I noticed that some of the plants seem to have small holes in

the
leaves. Also, on the underside of some of the leaves are white flaky bits
which fall off when you touch the leaf. They don't look too bad at the
moment but I want to nip any diseases / pests in the bud at the early

stage.
Any ideas (organic if possible)?

Flea Beetle! Use Derris dust on the plants.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....

Old 27-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Jeannie

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Jeannie" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Bob although I don't know what Derris dust is. Don't worry I will
Google and find out ASAP.

Thanks again

Jeannie