Old 27-05-2004, 08:39 PM
tuin man

Default chelsea

"PK" wrote in message
tuin man wrote:
. The whole lot
started to die. It turned out that the planters having probably
listened to the; 'look lads, all you have to do is dig a hole and
stick 'em in' ...kind of instruction... did not know they should
remove pot before planting.

Ha! Specs need to have "green side up" for turf if you want it done right!
]
pk

Ah yes, but I've seen many a green pot... so then what would happen ?
& just think of the confusion if said green pot also added "remove plant
before putting in hole"
Now I know what I wondered at the time. How come their boss didn't notce no
poys to dispose of? But then, I also knew he was the type that didn't want
to know about "problems" and that would be just such an issue for him.

Patrick

Patrick

Old 27-05-2004, 08:46 PM
tuin man

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article . 23,
Victoria Clare wrote:

"tuin man" wrote in
:

Which brings me smoothly to a question for you; what did you mean by
"more pertinent questions"?

More pertinent to planting or design than the questions asked by the
interviewer later in the day. He was more interested in finance and
manufacturing processes. There was little asked about the planting.

Possibly at Diurmuid's own request since he is not a plantsman and
would soon show his ignorance. His designs are about colour, form and
texture and invariably the plants are an afterthought -- usually
someone else's.

Simon

may I ask you both for instances/examples of such possible questions. I know
what I thought Victoria initially meant and it seems I might still on the
right track, but I'd like to be more sure.
I looked at the plants and realised the changes that will occur over time,
and I don't mean years, yet was satisfied that such changes, though dramatic
in some instance, would not distort the overall composition.

Patrick

Old 27-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Franz Heymann

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article . 23,
Victoria Clare wrote:

"tuin man" wrote in
:

Which brings me smoothly to a question for you; what did you mean

by
"more pertinent questions"?

More pertinent to planting or design than the questions asked by

the
interviewer later in the day. He was more interested in finance

and
manufacturing processes. There was little asked about the

planting.

Possibly at Diurmuid's own request since he is not a plantsman and
would soon show his ignorance. His designs are about colour, form

and
texture and invariably the plants are an afterthought -- usually
someone else's.

A waffler in fact? If he does not know about plants, by virtue of
what could he call himself a garden designer?

Franz

Old 27-05-2004, 09:22 PM
tuin man

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"tuin man" wrote in message

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
In article , tuin man
wrote:

Diarmuids garden is inclined to evoke a smile and on closer

inspection,
the
planting design is superb.

I haven't seen it, but watching the tv series - particularly last
night's conclusion - I got this impression. All the attention of

the tv
was on the creation of the baubles, but one got the increasing
impression that the garden was really a very fine piece of

planting,
which we barely saw discussed.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Not wishing to be to picky, it was the design of the planting and

not the
planting itself to which I was referring to as superb.
Overall, I thought the garden a masterpiece and it takes quite a bit

of
talent to employ a ludicrous gimmick which fails to detract from the

rest to
the point of redundancy.

I have to disagree. The garden was very well designed and executed,
with the exception of the coloured baubles. Without them, it would
actually have deserved the prize it was awarded.
What are we to expect in a modern garden, an unmade bed (of the
sleeping-on type)?

[snip]

Franz

Your thoughts run along a perfectly sensibly logical path, but does so
presuming... as we would all dearly like to... that such shows are for real
gardeners, ergo, real gardens..
Might I suggest you review that fantasy, however justified it is.
Like the other garden I mentioned, (Into the light) if I had Diarmiuds to
look out at in the morning, I wouldn't.
Nor has he suggested it as a proposed norm.
The "Into the light" garden is way too glaring, but in both cases, the sheer
skill of the art of creation is what I look too. The rest... is less
interesting in my particular case.
Which is the only reason why on an other measure of judgement I could apply
.... yours is the more valid of our views. That would be the ... if Diarmuid
has to explain the joke, then it just aint working... rule.

Patrick

Old 27-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Franz Heymann

"Stan The Man" wrote in message