Old 30-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Tracy

Default Growing coriander...

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2004 12:11:53 +0100, "Tracy"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote

My fenugreek seeds look more like sort of tiny, tan,
irregularly-shaped stones. In fact, very un-seedlike.

Yeah, thats what I meant LOL

So go ahead and plant a few of your seeds. I think I planted mine
about 10 days ago. We can compare notes. And I *did* plant some
coriander seeds yesterday.

Gonna plant some today, and we *will* compare notes, ok? ) My coriander
went in the day after I posted the original thread Growing
coriander... - so we will sat back and watch what happens to both the
coriander and the fenugree - should be interesting.

btw, if you dont mind me asking, where are you situated? - you mention
finding it difficult "finding local sources for the necessary ingredients".

We have a lovely supermarket in the city which sells every eastern spice
known to man and very well priced too

Old 31-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:52:41 +0100, "RichardS" noaccess@invalid
wrote:

Just bought a packet, because this thread has reminded me that it was one of
the things I intended to grow down the allotment, and the instructions say
"sow thinly, then thin seedlings to 9-12" apart"!

Is there any point, I wonder??

The recommended procedure is to plant seeds every 2 weeks or so to
ensure an ongoing supply. Thinning to 9-12" apart seems overkill -- 6"
seems like plenty of room for a coriander plant. One note: if the
'seeds' are small, round balls, those are actually sort of pods
(technically dried fruit) that have 2 seeds within. I've planted them
whole, and sure enough, 2 seedlings sprouted from most spots. So I
usually gently mash on the pods to break them up and try and plant
1-seed half-pods. They're large enough to sow pretty much where you
want the plants.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:41:33 +0100, "Tracy"
wrote:

Gonna plant some today, and we *will* compare notes, ok? ) My coriander
went in the day after I posted the original thread Growing
coriander... - so we will sat back and watch what happens to both the
coriander and the fenugree - should be interesting.

btw, if you dont mind me asking, where are you situated? - you mention
finding it difficult "finding local sources for the necessary ingredients"

I replied via e-mail, and it didn't bounce. My address is
frogleg-at-hotmail-dot-com.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Tracy

wrote:

Gonna plant some today, and we *will* compare notes, ok? ) My

coriander
went in the day after I posted the original thread Growing
coriander... - so we will sat back and watch what happens to both the
coriander and the fenugree - should be interesting.

btw, if you dont mind me asking, where are you situated? - you mention
finding it difficult "finding local sources for the necessary

ingredients"

I replied via e-mail, and it didn't bounce. My address is
frogleg-at-hotmail-dot-com.

And I responded but wondered if you got it!!! Will resend

Growing coriander - any success stories/ ashnook United Kingdom 3 09-01-2005 07:49 PM
Growing coriander Abso United Kingdom 15 22-10-2003 10:48 PM
Coriander AndWhyNot United Kingdom 8 26-06-2003 07:57 PM
Tall and skinny coriander Nobby United Kingdom 7 11-06-2003 10:56 PM
Prune coriander for more leaves? Frogleg Gardening 2 05-05-2003 09:08 AM