Old 26-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Julie

Default A helping hand for stunted toms

I have 5 Tomato Plants that are going to be put outside. They are a
bit pot bound and therefore are quite stumpy. They are 4 Mirabelle
Blanche (Cherries) and one Unknown Potato Leaf...

When I plant them out what is THE best thing to do and use to get them
off and flying again. I know about teasing out the root ball to help
them a little ...but what fertilizers or soil amendments would be
excellent for roots and to get the stems growing up and for making
them bushy before I allow flowering.

I have manure, access to sea weed, nettle water, potash, calcified sea
weed, epsom salts, peat based bagged compost and bone meal handy ( I
know not bone meal..but wanted to list it all :-) )
If any of these are useful...

If it is too late for catch up that is fine..but I would like to try.
Here in Northern Ireland it is still quite cool and some areas is
still getting mild frosts. Covering them is not a problem as I have
load of clear plastic and fleece I can use at nights.

I am digging over the spot tomorrow in hope of planting them out soon
so any adivce would be great.

Cheers
Julie
Northern Ireland
Old 27-05-2004, 07:03 AM
pronoun

Superphosphate for roots

"Julie" wrote in message
m...
I have 5 Tomato Plants that are going to be put outside. They are a
bit pot bound and therefore are quite stumpy. They are 4 Mirabelle
Blanche (Cherries) and one Unknown Potato Leaf...

Teens and Abortion; Hand in Hand?: Is It the Answer? Michael Calwell Ponds 12 20-05-2005 02:00 AM
Clematis flowering stunted Liz Robinson United Kingdom 5 25-02-2004 05:38 PM
Stunted pepper plants Mark Edible Gardening 1 01-06-2003 02:08 AM
Stunted veggies FerdyPooh Gardening 1 30-05-2003 03:08 AM
Stunted tomatoes subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 1 28-05-2003 12:32 PM