Old 27-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Stanley

Default Killing Rose of Sharon

I am trying to get rid of Rose of Sharon from a chequerboard of soil and
flags so pulling, digging and hoeing hasn't worked. Nor has roundup.

I have been looking through the archives for the best way to get rid of it.

The ingredient Triclopyr seems to be favorite. The products Garlon and
Grazon contain it but seem to be aimed at the professional forestry or
farming market.

Can anyone tell me if there is a product available to the general public
that contains Triclopyr? Or is there another way??

Thanks in advance for any help given.
--
Delete SPOILER to reply.

---

Old 27-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Neil Tonks

Stanley;

It;s a pity you want to rid yourself of this plant as it's very pretty and
(as you've found!) as tough as old boots.

I believe Triclopyr isn't licensed for amateur use these days (certainly
nothing currently available seems to contain it). However, glyphosate
(Roundup) should do the job though you may need several applications.
Remember to apply it when the plant is actively growing and if it rains in
the four hours after application, you need to re-apply.

Regards
Neil.

--
Neil Tonks

Peak District website: http://peakwalking.co.uk

"Stanley" wrote in message

I am trying to get rid of Rose of Sharon from a chequerboard of soil and
flags so pulling, digging and hoeing hasn't worked. Nor has roundup.

I have been looking through the archives for the best way to get rid of

it.

The ingredient Triclopyr seems to be favorite. The products Garlon and
Grazon contain it but seem to be aimed at the professional forestry or
farming market.

Can anyone tell me if there is a product available to the general public
that contains Triclopyr? Or is there another way??

Thanks in advance for any help given.
--
Delete SPOILER to reply.

---

Killing or Controlling Rose of Sharon?? fugateb Gardening 3 02-08-2003 11:22 PM
[IBC] ??Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus) good for bonsai??? Bob Bugay Bonsai 3 10-05-2003 04:08 AM
Pruning Rose of Sharon? Natty_Dread Gardening 4 15-04-2003 02:20 AM
Rose of Sharon hugh mcmanus Roses 1 13-04-2003 03:32 AM
Double Rose of Sharon (peach or apricot) Purchgdss Gardening 2 31-03-2003 12:08 AM