Old 27-05-2004, 09:18 PM
tuin man

Default product ideas (just for gardeners) (cross posts deleted)

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Chris
writes
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in

the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

If you are designing anything for the garden with a long handle, please
make the handle longer that would be required for a dwarf!!! I am fed up
with having to bend over shears, power hoses, lawn edgers, spades. Not
doing my back any good at all ((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Jane,
There are long handled spades available about 19 different types to be
exact. I can give you a phone number if you like.
Also, Gardenia (multifunctional tools) and possibly Wolf , do a half-moon
attachment, thereby giving you a long handle to work with.
& there is the crux of the matter for the o.p.
I notice gardenia consistently come out with brilliant product idea but
somehow they just as diligently seem to get these ideas from somewhere and
then convert into garbage. Either, their handle for the idea is too short,
or long enough but to weak, or just plain rubbish all round.
They seem to have done this with just about every one of their products.
They would be the kings of the amature irrigationists if their product was
not so drastically inclined to leak all over the place if you so much as
looked at it the wrong way. No wonder that other companies such as hoselock
are getting ahead.
They have a few items which I'm hoping find their way unto the Wolf range...
like the gutter cleaner, the ponds stuffs and so on. As I said, wonderful
ideas, shame about the product!!!
Why oh why oh WHY???
Not that wolf itself couldn't do with handles that don't absorb as much of
the energy that is supposed to be directed at the task at hand. But at least
they're also a nicer... easier to find in the garden afterwards... colour.

Patrick