Old 30-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Sacha

Default Mediterranean hibiscus?

Anyone know what this is?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

Old 31-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote in message

Anyone know what this is?
--

Well the normal one growing all around the Med is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis but
nothing I can find about a specific Mediterranean one.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....

Old 31-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Brian

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message

Anyone know what this is?
--

Well the normal one growing all around the Med is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

but
nothing I can find about a specific Mediterranean one.
However there is a Mediterranean Mallow, Malva cretica.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....

"Seen in the Mediterranean" I would agree H. rosa-sinensis. [ US Rose of

Sharon!]
"Originating in that region"~~H. syriacus but I doubt if that was the

intended.
Regards Brian.