Old 31-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Brian

Default Geranium pheum,scarlet?

I watched Chelsea on and off and at one point saw, very briefly, what
seemed to be a scarlet form. Does anyone know of this variety?. I have the
'black' in a few variations and had the white; but have never seen even a
hint of red. G. pheum seems to have a longer flowering period than any other
flower, though it's not really 'eye-catching'.
Read, this weekend, that Carl Linneus insisted throughout, that
Pelargoniums were of the genus Geranium. This apparently being the sole
reason why the Ps. became commonly Gs.! None dared to alter till after his
death.
Grateful for advice~negatives welcome as I could then discontinue. Brian.