Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Glen Able

Default Abelia scent

Hello, and cheerful rainy Monday morning greetings to all.

Here's an odd one for you.

Just bought myself an Abelia triflora at the weekend because I like the
shape and the SO loves the scent.

The thing is this. I find the scent really nauseating - it seems to have a
warm, vomitty sort of note to it. I do love all the usual smelly
favourites; jasmine, honeysuckle, night scented stocks etc. etc. but this
one really makes me sick.

So does anyone else find this or I am on my own (again ?

ga

Old 01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Brian

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hello, and cheerful rainy Monday morning greetings to all.

Here's an odd one for you.

Just bought myself an Abelia triflora at the weekend because I like the
shape and the SO loves the scent.

The thing is this. I find the scent really nauseating - it seems to have

warm, vomitty sort of note to it. I do love all the usual smelly
favourites; jasmine, honeysuckle, night scented stocks etc. etc. but this
one really makes me sick.

So does anyone else find this or I am on my own (again ?

ga

____________________________
It is not unusual to have a differing perception of scent. Genetics is
involved and it is known that different people love or hate some perfumes.
There are very many people who find Freesias totally scentless whereas
others can detect a single bloom in the house. A recessive
characteristic.[no scent]
A. triflora is supposed to be 'sweetly scented'~~but, as you have found,
not to everyone.
Best Wishes Brian.

Abelia Tina Morris United Kingdom 0 02-06-2008 12:33 AM
pruning abelia culprit Gardening 4 20-10-2004 06:50 PM
Blue Scent lavendar Kate Morgan United Kingdom 0 18-07-2003 08:42 PM
[IBC] Abelia Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 28-06-2003 09:44 PM
[IBC] Abelia and Camelellia sasanqua Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-06-2003 11:20 PM