Old 04-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Diane Epps

Default Clematis armandii help

My clematis was doing fine climbing and flowering it is only 2 years old and
now it appears to be dying with brown shrivelled leaves is it me or could it
be clematis wilt. None of the others seem affected

Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Diane Epps
writes
My clematis was doing fine climbing and flowering it is only 2 years old and
now it appears to be dying with brown shrivelled leaves is it me or could it
be clematis wilt. None of the others seem affected

My C. armandii seem to do this from time to time. As long as it's not
the whole plant shrivelling and as long as there are also new shoots
growing strongly I'd just cut the affected parts out.

--
dave @ stejonda

Bring Performance Channel back to NTL.
http://www.performance-channel.com/
Ring 0800 052 2000

Old 04-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Diane Epps" wrote in message
My clematis was doing fine climbing and flowering it is only 2 years old

and
now it appears to be dying with brown shrivelled leaves is it me or could

it
be clematis wilt. None of the others seem affected

Don't panic its normal behaviour for armandii, like most evergreen clematis
they are more winter green, shedding their old leaves in summer before
growing a new set, some plants seem to synchronise this and you are barely
aware its happened, while others look absolutely dreadful for a couple of
weeks. You can speed things up by watering heavily.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk