Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Dan Keeley

Default First earlies gone flat? ( Potatos )

Hmm, after watering the others are now wilting too

is it worth staking them? or will they recover?

"Dan Keeley" wrote in message
Hi,

All my first earlies went flat today, looks like they've had it in one day
of strong sun!

Is there any rescueing them? I'll give them a good water tonight when it's

bit colder...

Also, whats best, night or morning watering?

Thanks!
Dan

Old 10-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Dan Keeley" contains these words:

"Dan Keeley" wrote in message

All my first earlies went flat today, looks like they've had it in one day
of strong sun!

Hmm, after watering the others are now wilting too

is it worth staking them? or will they recover?

I've known potato leaves go a bit soft in hot sun at this time of
year, but not flat. The problem might be something else; mole tunnels
perhaps, or spray drift. Or, could they be in very shallow soil in a
raised bed which is standing on concrete ?

Janet.