Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2004, 01:10 PM
martin

Default Potato Flowers

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:08:42 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the potato plants?
I heard or read that when the flowers develop the potatoes stop
swelling, and also that they need more water at that stage.
Any confirmation of that - or otherwise?

There are acres of potatoes growing in these parts, I have never seen
anybody removing the flowers. Tulips yes,ptatoes no.

I have been watering mine and removing flowers this morning.
Plants are very dry and leaves drooping.

Pam in Bristol