Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Joanne

Default Mangetout

My mangetout (Carouby de Maussane) are growing well, but all the leaves have
strange silvery markings on them. Are the markings normal or is it some
kind of disease?

Thanks.

Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Kay

In article %Q2Dc.95$T_1.54@newsfe4-gui, Joanne
writes
My mangetout (Carouby de Maussane) are growing well, but all the leaves have
strange silvery markings on them. Are the markings normal or is it some
kind of disease?

Possibly leaf miners, which don't seem to do major harm.
--
Kay

Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Joanne

"Kay" wrote in message
In article %Q2Dc.95$T_1.54@newsfe4-gui, Joanne
writes
My mangetout (Carouby de Maussane) are growing well, but all the leaves

have
strange silvery markings on them. Are the markings normal or is it some
kind of disease?

Possibly leaf miners, which don't seem to do major harm.

Hi, Kay. No, the markings are not from leaf miners (I have lots of
experience with leaf miners from my spinach growing efforts!). I'll have to
do a Google and see if I can find some photos of pea leaves and see if they
have the markings.

Thanks.

Old 26-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Kay

In article , Joanne
writes
"Kay" wrote in message
In article %Q2Dc.95$T_1.54@newsfe4-gui, Joanne
writes
My mangetout (Carouby de Maussane) are growing well, but all the leaves

have
strange silvery markings on them. Are the markings normal or is it some
kind of disease?

Possibly leaf miners, which don't seem to do major harm.

Hi, Kay. No, the markings are not from leaf miners (I have lots of
experience with leaf miners from my spinach growing efforts!). I'll have to
do a Google and see if I can find some photos of pea leaves and see if they
have the markings.

Yuk! Surface insects can be washed off, leaf miners on plants where
you're not eating the leaf are fine, but leaf miners in spinach is a bit
of a problem!
--
Kay

Old 27-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Sam

Yuk! Surface insects can be washed off, leaf miners on plants where
you're not eating the leaf are fine, but leaf miners in spinach is a bit
of a problem!
--

Yeah but look of it this way - they must boost the nutritional protein
ratings no end :-)

Sam

Mangetout Janet Galpin United Kingdom 3 14-06-2006 03:24 PM
Mangetout Joanne United Kingdom 0 22-07-2004 04:12 PM
Mangetout Joanne United Kingdom 0 16-07-2004 12:19 AM
Mangetout peas Paul Taylor United Kingdom 1 26-06-2003 11:08 PM
First taste - mangetout shannie United Kingdom 3 19-06-2003 09:56 PM