Old 27-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Sacha

Default Set fire to your Cannas!

Reading bits of "Roses love Garlic" I saw a passage that says burning Canna
leaves in a bucket in a greenhouse is a great help in ridding it of
whitefly, aphids etc. The writer suggests getting a metal bucket and
putting rolled up newspaper in the bottom. Then put a piece of mesh across
the top of the bucket and Canna leaves on top of the mesh, having lit the
newspaper. The idea is to get the leaves to smoulder gently, filling the
greenhouse with smoke.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

Old 27-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote in message ...
Reading bits of "Roses love Garlic" I saw a passage that says burning

Canna
leaves in a bucket in a greenhouse is a great help in ridding it of
whitefly, aphids etc. The writer suggests getting a metal bucket and
putting rolled up newspaper in the bottom. Then put a piece of mesh

across
the top of the bucket and Canna leaves on top of the mesh, having lit the
newspaper. The idea is to get the leaves to smoulder gently, filling the
greenhouse with smoke.
--

Are they supposed to contain some sort of insecticide then? Wouldn't
surprise me because they seldom seem to suffer with aphids etc. Just slugs

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....