Old 06-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Tweed

Default Are these Edible??

I all I had some mixed salad greens planted. I let them grow but just
now dug them up before they set seed over my raised beds. When I pulled
them up they had large white roots that smelled strongly of radish.
The packet was an offer and I do know all that was in it.
Here is a link to photos of the plants leaves and the root. just move
through till you see them all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...572&p=68736938

Would be a shame to waste them if they are some kind of radish....

Thanks
Julie
Northern Ireland

Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Robert

news : I all I had some mixed salad greens planted. I let them grow but just
:
: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...572&p=68736938
:

: Would be a shame to waste them if they are some kind of radish....

Looks like a white radish I grew a year or so ago(icicle I think) but I
wouldn't be sure without seeing the leaf but from what you say it must be
favourite

Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Mark Fawcett

Tweed wrote in message ...
I all I had some mixed salad greens planted. I let them grow but just
now dug them up before they set seed over my raised beds. When I pulled
them up they had large white roots that smelled strongly of radish.
The packet was an offer and I do know all that was in it.
Here is a link to photos of the plants leaves and the root. just move
through till you see them all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...572&p=68736938

Would be a shame to waste them if they are some kind of radish....

Thanks
Julie
Northern Ireland

I think a radish is exactly what it is, its called a Mooli and I think
its Indian in origin - I first saw it years ago in the Asian food
shops in Luton when I lived there. Now you can buy them in all the big
supermarkets.
Eat it raw grated or chopped or its good in a stir fry too.

Mark
Old 07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Tim Tyler

Tweed wrote or quoted:

I all I had some mixed salad greens planted. I let them grow but just
now dug them up before they set seed over my raised beds. When I pulled
them up they had large white roots that smelled strongly of radish.
The packet was an offer and I do know all that was in it.
Here is a link to photos of the plants leaves and the root. just move
through till you see them all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...572&p=68736938

Would be a shame to waste them if they are some kind of radish....

They look like this to me:

http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/vegeta...neseradish.jsp
--
__________
Old 08-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Douglas

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
Tweed wrote or quoted:

I all I had some mixed salad greens planted. I let them grow but just
now dug them up before they set seed over my raised beds. When I pulled
them up they had large white roots that smelled strongly of radish.
The packet was an offer and I do know all that was in it.
Here is a link to photos of the plants leaves and the root. just move
through till you see them all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...572&p=68736938

Would be a shame to waste them if they are some kind of radish....

They look like this to me:

http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/vegeta...neseradish.jsp
--

******
In such a case it is a good idea to carefully taste a morsel. If it tastes
like a radish then it is likely to assume it's probably a radish.
Doug.
******
Doug.