Old 13-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Melanie

Default Goofy Fertiliser Question

This is a bit of a goofy question but it's had me puzzled for quite some
time. The question is about fertiliser, the type that you mix with water
and drench over the soil with a watering can.

If it's been raining for ever (like it has been these past few weeks) and
the soil is soaking wet and the plants don't need watering, then do you
still water on the fertiliser?

The soil has hardly had a chance to dry out, what with all the dull, rainy
days over the past few weeks, and I'd feel a bit of a fool going out with a
watering can adding yet more water to the sodden soil.

Thanks.

Old 13-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered User

Location: West-Midlands UK

try a top dressing of Growmore, that way it`ll get fed even if it rains
__________________
Say it with Flower, Give her a Triffid
Old 14-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Diane Epps

"Melanie" wrote in message
This is a bit of a goofy question but it's had me puzzled for quite some
time. The question is about fertiliser, the type that you mix with water
and drench over the soil with a watering can.

If it's been raining for ever (like it has been these past few weeks) and
the soil is soaking wet and the plants don't need watering, then do you
still water on the fertiliser?

The soil has hardly had a chance to dry out, what with all the dull, rainy
days over the past few weeks, and I'd feel a bit of a fool going out with

watering can adding yet more water to the sodden soil.

Thanks.

Well I still feed as I think that all the rain just washes the nutrients

out of the soil. The plants seem to appreciate it and I have had no
problems with over watering. I do however live in the South East which is
pretty dry.
Diane

Old 14-07-2004, 12:23 PM
David Hill

"....... If it's been raining for ever (like it has been these past few
weeks) and the soil is soaking wet and the plants don't need watering, then
do you still water on the fertiliser? ........."

The easy answer is Yes.If it is raining or has just been raining then use a
stronger solution and give all the plants a shorter burst than normal.
If the soil is dry then make a weaker solution as you will have to give more
water per plant.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Goofy Posters Guv Bob[_2_] Gardening 3 09-08-2014 09:42 PM
Goofy Fertiliser Question Melanie United Kingdom 1 15-07-2004 06:13 PM
Fertiliser question: Esp. for Ray Just Nice Orchids 4 14-02-2004 06:02 PM
Fertiliser question: Esp. for Ray Just Nice Orchids 0 13-02-2004 11:20 AM
Goofy Wyoming plan blocks wolf delisting Alastair McDonald alt.forestry 2 26-11-2002 03:26 AM