Old 15-07-2004, 01:42 PM
pete_J-T

Default rose or clematis pots

I'm looking for a supply of what I believe are called "rose" or
"clematis pots" - deep black plastic pots (about 6" diameter). I've
searched the web but can't find a supplier. Anyone help?

I want to buy about 50

tvm
Pete
Old 15-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Douglas

"pete_J-T" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a supply of what I believe are called "rose" or
"clematis pots" - deep black plastic pots (about 6" diameter). I've
searched the web but can't find a supplier. Anyone help?

I want to buy about 50

tvm
Pete

********
Hard cheese!.Pete!. Those deep thick black plastic "pots" of which you
speak appear to be available only to the very large clematis cultivators.
I can't refer to my brother who had a medium sized clematis Nursery near
Preston because he passed away last year.
Nevertheless he lectured all over this Country and many foreign places like
Poland where there are many clematis enthusiasts.
I have about two dozen empty ones of various sizes but its not worth the
expense of packing and transport costs.
Keep trying, but I think that only searching for the sources who supply the
big firms might be fruitful, and if you strike lucky, please send me an
e.m,
Ta!
Doug.
********

Old 15-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Franz Heymann

"pete_J-T" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a supply of what I believe are called "rose" or
"clematis pots" - deep black plastic pots (about 6" diameter). I've
searched the web but can't find a supplier. Anyone help?

I want to buy about 50

Ask the man who supervises your friendly neighbourhood council rubbish
tip to collect some for you.

Franz

Old 16-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Douglas" wrote in message

"pete_J-T" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Pete try LBS www.lbs-group.co.uk what you want are the extra deep pots 2 or
3 lt they cost £22 ish per 100. I don't use them (prefer bags) but they
defniantly do them.
sorry if there have been loads of other post saying this but the wretched
news server here is only letting me see 5 posts per day! bit rich when just
a while back it let thousands through :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 16-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Brian

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Douglas" wrote in message

"pete_J-T" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Am having similar problems. My news server only seems to be sending
me answers to questions I haven't seen. Could be my problem, however, as had
to totally re-start the wretched thing and everything looks wrong!!
Regards Brian