Old 22-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Rod

Default Freesia question

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:23:06 +0100, "Brian" ---
'flayb' to respond wrote:

The Canadian work with identical twins is the most revealing.
Sweet peas certainly aren't as they used to be. I originally put it
down to the recent proliferation of new varieties and my failure to obtain
the correct seed~~ perhaps this is so? If not, then the breeders have done
us no favours.
Best Wishes Brian

As I said in the sweet pea thread. What you need are the old 'Eckford'
varieties (ie. pre Spencer) Google will take you to the Eckford Sweet
Pea Society who hold an annual show in Wem to celebrate Eckford's
varieties.
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 22-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Rod

'flayb' to respond wrote:

The Canadian work with identical twins is the most revealing.
Sweet peas certainly aren't as they used to be. I originally put it
down to the recent proliferation of new varieties and my failure to obtain
the correct seed~~ perhaps this is so? If not, then the breeders have done
us no favours.
Best Wishes Brian

As I said in the sweet pea thread. What you need are the old 'Eckford'
varieties (ie. pre Spencer) Google will take you to the Eckford Sweet
Pea Society who hold an annual show in Wem to celebrate Eckford's
varieties.
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Hey all freesia Question in california Zone 9 Redwood City Ca mike hubbard Gardening 0 09-04-2008 01:39 AM
Freesia question Mike Fitzpatrick United Kingdom 3 22-07-2004 06:21 PM
Freesia Upside Down? Suzie-Q Gardening 1 01-04-2004 03:53 PM
Freesia Upside Down? Suzie-Q Gardening 2 01-04-2004 02:52 PM
Freesia Suzie-Q Gardening 7 23-03-2004 02:12 AM