Old 22-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Fenris Wolf

Default Gardeners critical over slug protection laws HOORAH

In article , Fenris Wolf
writes
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
The RSPCA welcomed the Bill but said it would continue to campaign for
stricter protection. "This would be the single most important piece of
welfare legislation affecting animals since 1911," a spokesman said.

The fight against it has already begun.

There will be links to a page explaining what you can do to help added
to the sites in my sig. later on tonight.

Campaign for Change in the RSPCA

http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~campaig...m#Commentaries

Make sure you take a look at the case histories.

--
Fenris Wolf

RSPCA-Animadversion

http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~animadversion/

SHG

http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~shg/
Old 22-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Clair Voyance

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:56:42 +0100, Fenris Wolf
wrote:

In article , Fenris Wolf
writes
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
The RSPCA welcomed the Bill but said it would continue to campaign for
stricter protection. "This would be the single most important piece of
welfare legislation affecting animals since 1911," a spokesman said.

The fight against it has already begun.

There will be links to a page explaining what you can do to help added
to the sites in my sig. later on tonight.

Campaign for Change in the RSPCA

http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~campaig...m#Commentaries

Make sure you take a look at the case histories.

Interesting stuff and shows why we should not subject animals to
captivity anyway.
Old 22-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Chris Doran

Nick Maclaren wrote in message . ..
Anyone owning a pet, farm or exotic animal would have a statutory duty
of care towards it and could have it taken away.

So if I illtreat the slugs I "own", a government inspector will come
along and remove them. Sounds good to me. Just off to the police
station to confess.

They could also be
banned from looking after another.

Excellent. How soon does this legislation come into force?

Chris
Old 22-07-2004, 12:45 AM
David Martin

On 13/7/04 11:29 pm, in article ,
"Jimbo" remove $ wrote:

I just switched to the cups of beer method. Most of my slugs have so much
fun at the "****up" that they go for a swim. Maybe I will add the funeral
march to the music provided.

I'm assisting the local cafe by taking their used coffee grounds to use on
the garden. Apparently the caffeine is lethal for slugs and snails.

The only downside is that it uses a lot of coffee grounds.. a reasonable
sized coffee bar produces 10-20 litres of coffee grounds a day. This covers
about 3-5 square metres of ground.

Seems to work fine on my lettuces.. and not a slug pellet in sight.

...d