Old 21-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Hamish

Default When a fish is caught...

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:52:56 +0100, J Glover
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:08:40 +0100, Derek Moody
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:11:38 +0100, J Glover
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:19:46 +0100, Derek Moody
wrote:

Do you really want to make such beautiful wildlife suffer, to destroy
such a tranquil setting as sitting by the lake?

Your view only. Its anglers who re-claim these areas often deserted
and polluted, we clean them up, often with our own money and then we
introduce fish and encourage wildlife and of course humans to come and
visit and enjoy the area. Have you ever done this?

Your claim is unfound, whilst fishing does contribute to society in
some ways, so does pedophillia. This doesnt make either right.

Good god, how on earth do you link angling to pedophilia? What is
going on in your twisted mind? First you link anglers with experiments
on fish and now you attempt to link them with pedophilia. Your
argument is so flawed it is collapsing around you.

The sort of wackos who think it is OK to abuse fish, also usually
abuse other animals, children and certainly adults. Look at some of
the replies to see the clear connection. In the end a fruitcake
doesn't mind what he/she abuses, as long as it's something.

Give it up, you know it makes sense. If you really want to go fishing,
why not buy those magnetic fishing kits from the fayre?

Do not patronize anglers or they will never listen to your argument.

Surely more fun?

Why do you actually need to abuse something to enjoy yourselves?
Most of us get on quite well without that urge.

Why do you feel the need to abuse our intelligence?

The question is quite clear, why do you avoid answering it?

I don't think someone who enjoys abusing animals is particularly
bright, usually the opposite in fact.

When a fish is caught...
To try to defend themselves from critcism, anglers often say that most
fish caught are put back in the water rather than being killed. This
overlooks the fact that the process of catching and removing a fish
from the water causes a great deal of suffering.

No different from a human diving into a swimming pool. What you say is
your view only and is not proven. " A great deal of suffering" are
strong words to describe this process.... I simply do not believe that
and I really think most rational thinking people reading this would
probably also view your words as OTT.

See the Medway Report.

It comprised a number of leading scientists and two representatives
drawn from angling and shooting organisations.

The main findings of the Report in respect of fish, was that they are
capable of suffering. This merely confirmed what many involved in
animal welfare had suspected for some time: that fish feel pain.

This is a report that is 25 years old, was compiled when there was no
science that could prove the claims ( still isnt ) and can only
"assume" its findings. It does not conclude with any hard scientific
evidence. You however keep quoting it as if it was written in law.

I imagine that's because some people simply are not intelligent enough
to know the difference between right and wrong, and need a law to tell
them. Most of us know it's wrong without laws..

Even if there is some distress then surely what is needed is better
education in watercraft and angling procedures,

There is no nice way of abusing animals or anything else. You need to
ask yourself why you cannot enjoy the countryside for what it is,
without hurting it. Why?

granted there are a
few out there that spoil it for others but do you honestly think you
can ban the UKs biggest participant sport? Its a non starter Derek and
you know it.

I don't know, education is a great tool and it's quite clear fishermen
lack even the basics, if they don't even realize what they're doing is
abusing animals, certainly by their behavior here.

The excuses you give for fishing being ok, are similar to the excuses
pedophiles give for abusing children, fox hunters give for abusing
foxes, and wife beaters give for abusing partners. They claim they did
not realize it was wrong, or worse, they claim it isn't wrong!

Reality check time I think, stop kidding yourselves.

SUPPORT ISRAEL

Myths & Facts Online
A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
By Mitchell G. Bard

http://tinyurl.com/ysepr

+------------------------+
| NO PLONKING ZONE |
+------------------------+
| | |
| | | |
..| |.. .| |..
...\| |/.... \| |/..

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com

Old 22-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Hamish

wrote:

[...]

Fish Thief Caught In The Act - Was "The Fish Are Gone" ChrisGW Ponds 2 13-03-2007 12:14 AM
Fish caught in net Cheryl Ponds 8 04-10-2004 04:19 AM
Feeding caught fish to chickens Ignoramus14990 Gardening 27 31-05-2004 11:05 PM
Renegade Fish Caught! Fringe Ryder Ponds 0 17-02-2003 01:27 AM
White lady beats tot, caught on tape... Jason Gardening 9 16-02-2003 03:51 PM