Old 22-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Sparks

Default Moisture Sensors

I am in the middle of installing a whole garden irrigation system.

I want to build a controller for this, but need some kind of moisture sensor
(digital if possible, to flag when the soil needs watering)

Any ideas on where I can either buy some, or plans on building them?

Sparks...

Old 22-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Phil L

Sparks wrote:
:: I am in the middle of installing a whole garden irrigation system.
::
:: I want to build a controller for this, but need some kind of
:: moisture sensor (digital if possible, to flag when the soil needs
:: watering)
::
:: Any ideas on where I can either buy some, or plans on building them?
::
:: Sparks...

there's one here for £56, but it's for a specific watering system...
http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acata...s_vpparts.html

these are retailers and wholesalers of this kind of thing:
http://www.delta-t.co.uk/frame/submenu/soil.html

http://www.icselectronics.co.uk/icsn...l_moisture.htm

Old 22-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Nick Gray

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
I am in the middle of installing a whole garden irrigation system.

I want to build a controller for this, but need some kind of moisture

sensor
(digital if possible, to flag when the soil needs watering)

Any ideas on where I can either buy some, or plans on building them?

Sparks...

Hi Sparks,

Gardena - http://www.gardena.co.uk/ (select Product catalogueIrrigation
SystemsWatering Controls) produce a soil moisture sensor as well as a rain
sensor. Both of these plug into their water timers.

HTH

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 22-07-2004, 01:03 AM
David Hill

I would say you either have a very small garden or a very unusual one if it
all wants the same amount of water all the time.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 22-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Phil L

David Hill wrote:
:: I would say you either have a very small garden or a very unusual
:: one if it all wants the same amount of water all the time.
::
the links above are providing information for moisture sensors, what did the
OP ask for?
He can set his sprinklers/hoses/whatever to come on when these sensors reach
whatever point he likes.

HTH

Old 22-07-2004, 01:05 AM
David Hill

Not wishing to be pedantic but the OP did ask for "some kind of moisture
sensor" Singular.

You are talking in terms of several.

If several then yes he can be selective regarding where and when water is
applied ...System allowing.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 5 27-07-2004 06:10 PM
Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 8 22-07-2004 12:05 AM
Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 0 21-07-2004 10:09 PM
Remote Temperature Sensors stricks760 Ponds 5 06-10-2003 11:12 AM
Keeping critters away - sprinkler motion sensors Gary Flynn Edible Gardening 5 11-04-2003 02:56 AM