Old 22-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Andrew Glass

Default Is this what I fear it is?

Potato blight?

http://www.stainless.pwp.blueyonder....ight/index.htm

I'm afraid it is, but I'd really appreciate confirmation before I chop
the lot down. Any other harmless potato diseases that look like this?

Cheers

Andrew
Old 22-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Bob Hobden

"Andrew Glass" wrote in message
Potato blight?

http://www.stainless.pwp.blueyonder....ight/index.htm

I'm afraid it is, but I'd really appreciate confirmation before I chop
the lot down. Any other harmless potato diseases that look like this?

Yes and no.
Yes I think you have a case of Potato Early Blight and no it's not the THE
blight so don't worry. Does not normally cause any crop problems but ensure
you dig out all the spuds and dispose of all the hulms, leaves etc, do not
use them on the compost heap or leave them lying about on the soil or it
will reinfect next years crop.

What varieties are you growing?
--
Regards