Old 25-07-2004, 11:03 AM
sarah

Default Speaking of peaches... flat ones?

The 'ordinary' peach that I planted two years ago is doing well
(considering the peach leaf curl) and trying to fruit its heart out.
But... the 'flat' peach I tasted last summer was far more interesting. I
know they're successful under glass not far from here -- has anyone any
experience of growing these without glass on a south/west facing wall?
Where could I get one, and what variety should I look for?

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.
Old 25-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Bob Hobden

"sarah" wrote ...
The 'ordinary' peach that I planted two years ago is doing well
(considering the peach leaf curl) and trying to fruit its heart out.
But... the 'flat' peach I tasted last summer was far more interesting. I
know they're successful under glass not far from here -- has anyone any
experience of growing these without glass on a south/west facing wall?
Where could I get one, and what variety should I look for?

Noticed that they are in the Marshalls autumn catalogue with some other
interesting fruit trees.
www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/

--
Regards
Bob

Old 27-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Dwayne

The ones I have seen are white fleshed and sweeter than the regular ones.
When I was a kid (nearly 200 years ago, at least it feels that way
sometimes) my mother grew white peaches. They were the best tasting ones
around. I guess they weren't as attractive so they were hybridized into
what we get now.

Dwayne

"sarah" wrote ...

Old 29-07-2004, 06:20 PM
sarah

Bob Hobden wrote:

"sarah" wrote ...
The 'ordinary' peach that I planted two years ago is doing well
(considering the peach leaf curl) and trying to fruit its heart out.
But... the 'flat' peach I tasted last summer was far more interesting. I
know they're successful under glass not far from here -- has anyone any
experience of growing these without glass on a south/west facing wall?
Where could I get one, and what variety should I look for?

Noticed that they are in the Marshalls autumn catalogue with some other
interesting fruit trees.
www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/

Thanks for that!

regards
sarah

Old 29-07-2004, 06:20 PM
sarah

Bob Hobden wrote:

"sarah" wrote ...
The 'ordinary' peach that I planted two years ago is doing well
(considering the peach leaf curl) and trying to fruit its heart out.
But... the 'flat' peach I tasted last summer was far more interesting. I
know they're successful under glass not far from here -- has anyone any
experience of growing these without glass on a south/west facing wall?
Where could I get one, and what variety should I look for?

Noticed that they are in the Marshalls autumn catalogue with some other
interesting fruit trees.
www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/

Thanks for that!

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.
My other email address will remain valid.
Think of it as evolution in action :-)

Apple trees - a few big ones or a lot of little ones? Chris[_3_] United Kingdom 5 04-04-2009 07:41 PM
peaches freebird Australia 6 18-02-2004 11:32 AM
squirrels and peaches Dianna Visek Edible Gardening 22 05-01-2004 06:32 AM
Peaches Falling Off zebrin Gardening 2 12-07-2003 11:08 PM
Advice on Peaches Spacewalkman Texas 2 15-04-2003 03:56 PM