Old 30-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Mark Blewett

Default Window sill gardening

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:09:25 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article , Mark Blewett
writes
I'm a relatively newcomer to gardening.. and looking for some
ideas/thoughts for someone who has no garden.. just 2 very large south
facing windows.

Over the last couple of years, I've grown in pots: various herbs,
tomato's, chillies and even had a go at some salad leaves/radishes
with mix success. As you may well already guessed.. I like food and
cooking and hence prefer to grow something that is edible!

Onto the question... in uk.food+drink.misc there was a part-thread
about peaches (and patio variaties).. which got me thinking (ok
hoping).. could these grow indoors? If not what would be a good choice
fruit for growing indoors in a pot?

You could try strawberries (no slugs to contend with) or, if your window
is really big, a fig.

Thanks Kay... a couple of very interesting ideas!

Yes I do have a very big window (8" x 8").. and love figs. I'll
definetly have to investigate this idea! Have you any experience in
varieties?

Strawberries.. a stunning idea.. one which I haven't though of.. it's
now on my to do list. Thanks!

Not fruit, but okra are fun indoors if you haven't tried them yet.

I have to say I'm not a fan of okra.. in fact although I'll eat
anything they are below broad beans in my book of nice things to eat!

Thanks
Mark

Not a window sill plant! - Aranda_Floraweb (1/1) Gene Schurg[_2_] Orchid Photos 4 12-06-2008 05:03 AM
water on window sill mo Lawns 1 29-10-2006 02:03 PM
[IBC] Window sill extender? Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 25-03-2003 06:32 PM
Window sill extender? Shireen Gonzaga Bonsai 0 24-03-2003 07:32 PM
was Bulb. Vaginatum now Humidity in the Window Sill Dave Sheehy Orchids 2 11-03-2003 07:57 PM