Old 27-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Seed development on Male Sweet Corn flower

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trevor....s/RIMG0001.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trevor....s/RIMG0002.JPG

Can anyone explain, or has anyone seen seed development on the Male Sweet
Corn flower? See pics above.

Is the seed likely to be viable?

It happened on two plants. One I picked the seeds off before I realised what
it was or that it might be unusual.

The other broke off when I harvested the cob, but I am harvesting it in the
greenhouse.

If there was any chance of it being viable, it has probably been harvested
prematurely.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated