Old 31-07-2004, 10:16 PM
steph

Default Hello

Hello to you one and all I'm a newbie to your newsgroup.
As we share the common interest of enjoying gardening I know I am in good
company.
As I am new fairly new to gardening could anyone tell me whether it is
possible to grow Jasmine in a pot/container. Thankyou folks.
Steph

Old 01-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Diane Epps

"steph" wrote in message
Hello to you one and all I'm a newbie to your newsgroup.
As we share the common interest of enjoying gardening I know I am in good
company.
As I am new fairly new to gardening could anyone tell me whether it is
possible to grow Jasmine in a pot/container. Thankyou folks.
Steph

Welcome and yes to the question I have a jasmine in a pot growing in my

porch and it does fine it has some wires to grow up as it makes quite a lot
of growth.
Diane

Old 01-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Cerumen

"steph" wrote in message
Hello to you one and all I'm a newbie to your newsgroup.
As we share the common interest of enjoying gardening I know I am in

good
company.
As I am new fairly new to gardening could anyone tell me whether it is
possible to grow Jasmine in a pot/container. Thankyou folks.

Welcome.
I have grown jasmine very successfully in a large container in my sun room
for the last 4 years or so.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Victoria Clare

"steph" wrote in news:410c0caa$1_1@mk-nntp-
2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

As I am new fairly new to gardening could anyone tell me whether it is
possible to grow Jasmine in a pot/container. Thankyou folks.

As lots of people already said: "yes".

However, I'm posting to point out that jasmine can get quite big over time:
you might not realise this looking at the little gift baskets of it that
you see in florists.

We had some growing in our conservatory: over time it started to gather
dust, spiders and webs, dropped dead flowers everywhere, and was difficult
to keep clean, as it was evergreen (kept inside) and had grown round some
of the beams.

If you have it inside or in a porch, I suggest growing it round a
freestanding or detachable trellis, and if it's in a large pot, put it on
one of those little trolley affairs so that once a year or so you can take
the whole thing outside and give it a good wash with the hose.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello from Japan (and some questions) Becca Ridout Bonsai 0 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM