Old 05-08-2004, 11:22 AM
P and H Macguire

Default B&Q Strimmer: Opinions

I'm looking for a strimmer replacement at the moment, and while I know the
usual advice is to spend more, (Stihl etc) I am tempted by the PRO24CCBCA at
£120. This has a choice of disc or line and has a 3-year warranty. To get
a comparable Stihl, with 2 years warranty would cost about £200-300, and I'm
just wondering if the difference would be justified, especially for less
than professional use.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Pat Macguire

---

Old 05-08-2004, 08:30 PM
BillV

"P and H Macguire" wrote in message
I'm looking for a strimmer replacement at the moment, and while I know the
usual advice is to spend more, (Stihl etc) I am tempted by the PRO24CCBCA

at
£120. This has a choice of disc or line and has a 3-year warranty. To

get
a comparable Stihl, with 2 years warranty would cost about £200-300, and

I'm
just wondering if the difference would be justified, especially for less
than professional use.

Regards and thanks in advance,

The best strimmer I have had, and still got, is el-cheapo B&D non automatic
version.
I think I got it with Green Shield stamps!
I tried more expensive Flymo which was too weak for me, so I gave it to my
daughter.
With the old one you can practically sculpt the garden, trims the hedge too

Strimmer ? Ted[_4_] United Kingdom 1 17-04-2009 06:03 PM
Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?) Adam Lipscombe United Kingdom 2 22-05-2008 02:22 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 8 08-06-2003 04:32 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 6 05-06-2003 08:44 AM
electric shock from my strimmer Charlieb United Kingdom 6 17-10-2002 01:31 PM