Old 13-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Registered User

Angry Cats on the lawn

Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn and take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is using it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's is driving me mad.
Old 13-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Cats on the lawn

--
Robstef

I believe this subject has been exhausted on this group. Last week I
copied a list I found in the archives. If you wish I will send it by
email. So far, nothing I have tried has worked. This includes
citronella soaked tea bags and Jeyes fluid used the same way.
Let me know if you want the list.
Diana

Old 13-08-2004, 07:41 PM
atwifa

cats seem to be creatures that actively prize their lives (maxims containing
the number 9 notwithstanding): i have always found that a well-placed
airgun pellet works wonders.

before i need to get my coat, what i mean by 'well-placed' is not on the
cat's body. aim near enough to let him/her know that you mean business, but
far enough away to ensure the cat is left unharmed (not counting feline
post-traumatic stress disorder, possibly); about half a metre is
sufficient. the deterrent seems to last a good while, needing a refresher
perhaps once a season.

Old 13-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Sarah Dale

Robstef wrote:

Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn and
take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is using
it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices
but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

I find it helps to keep the lawn short. I have found that cats only tend to
use it as kitty litter when its over 1" high.

HTH, Sarah

Old 13-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Bob Hobden

"CHERYLHARRISON" wrote
I would be interesting in a copy of this list.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl M Harrison

***address snipped***

With great respect, it's not a good idea to post your address and phone
number on Usenet Cheryl.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 13-08-2004, 11:10 PM
NikV

"Robstef" wrote in message

Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn and
take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is using
it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices
but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's is driving me mad.

--
Robst

Keep the grass short + 3 days of PIR activated sprinkler every three months
does the trick here + give them an alternative - we have 3 ourselves and
about 8 more within yowling distance from us.

Nik V

Old 14-08-2004, 06:15 AM
troubleinstore

wrote:

Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn and
take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is using
it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices
but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's is driving me mad.

--
Robstef

I believe this subject has been exhausted on this group. Last week I
copied a list I found in the archives. If you wish I will send it by
email. So far, nothing I have tried has worked. This includes
citronella soaked tea bags and Jeyes fluid used the same way.
Let me know if you want the list.
Diana

I'd like a copy of that please Diana
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

---

Old 14-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Robstef" wrote in message

Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn

and
take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is

using
it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices
but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

Yes. Replace the lawn by paving stones.

[snip]

Franz

Old 28-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robstef
Can anybody help me out there? I have a nice, green, healthy lawn and take great pride in it, but every cat, including my own now, is using it as a toilet. Now I have read about pellets and electronic devices but I wonder if anyone out there has used an effective deterrent.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's is driving me mad.
The only pellets I find you should be using should be down the barrel of a gun. you will find this works.

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
suggestions on keeping neighborly cats off lawn Robin Ellzey Lawns 13 28-10-2003 01:32 PM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM