Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Kate Morgan

I am still waiting to be told where I can buy decent shirts (that
fit me, natch) new for a tenner or very slightly worn for a fiver.
If anyone were to provide that information, I would definitely
buy half a dozen. Oh, that includes travel costs, of course.

I have had some bargains on e.bay, have a look you never know what you
will find :-)

kate

Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kate Morgan wrote:

I am still waiting to be told where I can buy decent shirts (that
fit me, natch) new for a tenner or very slightly worn for a fiver.
If anyone were to provide that information, I would definitely
buy half a dozen. Oh, that includes travel costs, of course.

I have had some bargains on e.bay, have a look you never know what you
will find :-)

Well, excluding the time to do that and the connexion costs (small),
you have to allow for the probability of being sold a pup. At a
wild guess, I would estimate that 50% of items sold that way are
unsatisfactory, so I would halve the price I was prepared to pay :-)

But think about it. If you said to someone complaining about a
damaged shirt "I will give you a fiver, because you can get one
second-hand on Ebay for that", what are the chances of them taking
offence?

Not merely will that make them more likely to pursue legal action,
if a judge agrees that the offer is offensive, any "without
prejudice" becomes void. That is why I said that the WORST thing
was to make the person an insulting offer, such as a fiver (at
least without checking the shirt).

Now, if I were wearing my gardening clothes, not merely would an
offer of a quid be excessive, I almost certainly wouldn't notice
a bit of ink :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.