Old 06-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Dwayne

Default Potatoe Seed Size

I have ordered potatoes several times and they come both ways. When you get
them whole, but them into pieces containing at least one eye. I would do
this within 30 days of planting time. If you receive the order just before
planting time, then cut them 2 days before putting them in the soil. Some
say 24 hours, I don't want to take any chances.

I have also done this with potatoes purchased from a store, but my yield was
less than when I bought certified potatoes. I store my crop in the coolest
place in the house all winter, and those we don't eat start getting eyes
about the right time to plant.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Robert Bacon" wrote in message
I thought that the reason that potatoes are divided, then planted was to

do
with the price of posting in the USA. It being cheaper to send a piece of
potato to a gardener than a whole potato.
Kathy

"Dwayne" wrote in message
I read a posting in a newsgroup that someone suggested starting potatoes

by
taking the shoots out of the potatoes and planting it. I have never

seen
anyone do it that way.

Reactor size VS Tank Size? chaz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 18-05-2006 02:33 PM
Potatoe Woes Sarah Dale United Kingdom 4 09-07-2003 02:12 AM
Yellow potatoe plant Sarah Dale United Kingdom 4 20-06-2003 06:08 AM
Potatoe Seed Size [email protected] United Kingdom 7 05-02-2003 01:59 AM
What is plant with miniature potatoe flowers/berries paul United Kingdom 17 05-11-2002 07:46 AM