Old 17-10-2004, 01:35 PM
R.H.

Default The mystery object has been identified

I finally found the ID on that previously unsolved object, number 98,
it's the slotted chrome holder with the clamp on the bottom that we
discussed in this group a few months ago. Here is a photo of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...tt65/pic98.jpg

I asked a few people about it when I was looking for more tools at an
antique show yesterday and someone pointed me in the right direction,
turns out that it's a holder for inverted syrup bottles used at old
soda fountains, the nozzle protrudes through the slot. One can be
seen in use at the center of this photo:

http://longbeachheritagemuseum.com/e...dafountain.JPG

-----

Just posted some more photos if anyone is interested:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob