Old 01-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Stan The Man

Burn 'em. I saw the Queen's gardener at Buck House using a flame gun on
a gravel path - and if it's good enough for her....

Stan
Old 01-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered User

Quick update for you all.

I went out and bought a blower/vac and its great. It blew all the leaves off the drive onto the concrete path in a matter of minutes. It was then a 5 minute job got sweep them up and bung them in the recycling bin.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:52:49 +0000, zippo4
wrote:

Quick update for you all.

I went out and bought a blower/vac and its great. It blew all the
leaves off the drive onto the concrete path in a matter of minutes. It
was then a 5 minute job got sweep them up and bung them in the
recycling bin.

Can we know which model you bought please?

Pam in Bristol
Old 06-11-2004, 05:40 AM
Franz Heymann

"zippo4" wrote in message

Quick update for you all.

I went out and bought a blower/vac and its great. It blew all the
leaves off the drive onto the concrete path in a matter of minutes.

It
was then a 5 minute job got sweep them up and bung them in the
recycling bin.

Did you get one with a shredding mode? That really compresses the
bulk into a tenth of its original size and produces a nice texture
which I am sure the worms would appreciate.

Franz

Old 20-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Registered User

I bought a Viking blower/sucker. Not sure of the model number as its in the shed and I'm at work but its pretty darned powerfull. I think Viking is rebadged Stehl? Not sure if i spelt that correctly? t's blowing ability is much better than its sucking and it has a built in mulcher as well.

Craftsman front wheel drive mower won't drive. Pete E. Kruzer Gardening 1 23-05-2007 04:07 PM
Gravel Amount - Gravel Koi-Lo Ponds 7 08-06-2006 07:12 AM
Moss on a gravel drive Eirlys United Kingdom 4 07-05-2004 07:07 PM
Gravel or no gravel Barry Ponds 3 18-09-2003 12:12 AM
Dead leaves and gravel, a bad mix? Charlieb United Kingdom 2 22-10-2002 04:23 PM