Old 15-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Try Chamou

Oh no, try Chameaux ;-)

I wasn't going to go downstairs and read them at that time of night...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 15-11-2004, 05:01 PM
JennyC

"Andy Mabbett" wrote in message

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.
--
Andy Mabbett

Hi Andy
various suppliers of different designs;
http://www.manufactum.co.uk/product/...roductlist_pi1.
17272.page/1/dmc_mb3_productlist_pi1.17272.num/8/Product_Details.2700.0.html

http://www.queenswood.co.uk/acatalog...nswood.co.uk/a
catalog/Garden_Wellingtons__Shoes___Cloggs.html&CatalogBod y

Or try real Dutch wooden ones :~)
Jenny

Old 15-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Mike Lyle

Peter Stockdale wrote:
"June Hughes" wrote in message
.

Yes I agree - but have you tried getting wellies off your feet
quickly when the telephone is ringing?
--
June Hughes

Why can you not answer the telephone with your wellies on ?

Answering the telephone is surely one of those things one's exempt
from when gardening?

Mike.

Old 15-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Ros Butt

Went to our local 'Hilliers' to replace my clogs (which had lasted no time
at all) with another make, & they had the 'slippers' that you are after, as
I remember trying them on, before I bought the clogs. I see by a Google
search that there is a Hilliers in Redditch, which isn't be too far from
Birmingham according to my map.
Worth a try

Regards
Ros

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

Chichester
West Sussex, UK.
Old 15-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Peter Stockdale wrote:
"June Hughes" wrote in message
.

Yes I agree - but have you tried getting wellies off your feet
quickly when the telephone is ringing?
--
June Hughes

Why can you not answer the telephone with your wellies on ?

Answering the telephone is surely one of those things one's exempt
from when gardening?

Mike.

Some people just can't ignore the ring-ring.
Even I do a 1471 soonest to identify the caller.

Pete

Old 15-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Kay

In article , Peter Stockdale
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
.

Yes I agree - but have you tried getting wellies off your feet quickly
when the telephone is ringing?
--
June Hughes

Why can you not answer the telephone with your wellies on ?

You obviously have someone else to do the cleaning in your house
--
Kay

Old 15-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Peter Stockdale
writes

Why can you not answer the telephone with your wellies on ?

You obviously have someone else to do the cleaning in your house
--
Kay

Yes - my wife does more than her fair share - telephone location is the more
important factor.

Pete

Old 15-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Bob Hobden

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

Take a look at
http://www.crocus.co.uk/search/results/?q=Shoes&x=9&y=7

Think that's what you are after.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 16-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Judith Lea

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Hello Bob, I am still here but don't post much since I had a really
vicious email sometime back from someone who disagreed with my view on
nasty postings. However, I still enjoy urg and take advice from a lot
of the postings.

With regard to the rubber shoes, I have a pair but I still think my gold
slippers are better for gardening!
--
Judith Lea

Old 16-11-2004, 11:22 AM
June Hughes

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Hello Bob, I am still here but don't post much since I had a really
vicious email sometime back from someone who disagreed with my view on
nasty postings. However, I still enjoy urg and take advice from a lot
of the postings.

With regard to the rubber shoes, I have a pair but I still think my gold
slippers are better for gardening!

Hiya Judith. Long time no hear!! I hadn't seen your posts in uk.f+d
and wondered why. I hope it wasn't one of the regulars who upset you -
there are some regular usenet posters who are either bitchy or nasty.
Glad you are still wearing the gold slippers - surely they aren't the
same pair? To keep on topic, I can't see Andy Mabbett being keen on
wearing gold slippers for gardening
--
June Hughes
Old 16-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Sacha

On 16/11/04 10:01, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Hello Bob, I am still here but don't post much since I had a really
vicious email sometime back from someone who disagreed with my view on
nasty postings. However, I still enjoy urg and take advice from a lot
of the postings.

Well, I hope you won't let someone deranged by weedkiller sniffing or
whatever, stop you, Judith! A great many years ago and not from this group,
I received two emails of a similar type. My response was to post them on
the related group and the response of the group was disgust at the
perpetrators of those emails. Going 'back channeling' to do that sort of
thing is a nasty habit, in my opinion. It's manipulative and dishonest and
if a group doesn't know about it, it can slowly wreck it. You have much
more to offer to this group than such a person and you have always been not
only helpful and knowledgeable but a real joy to read, too.
Ditto, Andy. It's good to see him here again and I hope both of you post
often.

With regard to the rubber shoes, I have a pair but I still think my gold
slippers are better for gardening!

I think it's probably only fair to mention how long they stay 'gold' and how
many you get through in a year, though. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-11-2004, 01:44 PM
June Hughes

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?
--
June Hughes
Old 16-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Judith Lea

In article , June Hughes
writes

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

--
Judith Lea
Old 16-11-2004, 04:49 PM
June Hughes

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

Do you still have your large pot of herbs in your kitchen?
--
June Hughes