Old 16-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
n message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Sometimes. Not very recently though, that I've seen. I don't read every
thread though.

Nice to see you back. (I've changed my posting name etc since spam
became a promble.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 16-11-2004, 08:23 PM
June Hughes

In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
n message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Andy wrote
Hi folks, long time no post!

Yes, welcome back. Now where are all the other "old" gardeners we used to
talk with?

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Sometimes. Not very recently though, that I've seen. I don't read every
thread though.

Nice to see you back. (I've changed my posting name etc since spam
became a promble.)

Sorry. Hadn't realised it was you. Thanks for all your help.
--
June Hughes
Old 17-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Sorry. Hadn't realised it was you. Thanks for all your help.

It's not. I'm someone else...

I think.

brightens

Therefore I am.

/brightens

I think.

Old 17-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Judith Lea

In article , June Hughes
writes
Do you still have your large pot of herbs in your kitchen?

Yes, I do, but I have had to replace them from time to time as the herbs
become old and woody - plenty of light and they thrive.

--
Judith Lea
Old 17-11-2004, 10:33 AM
June Hughes

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

Apols in advance - Judith - can you mail me when you have a minute
please? I tried mailing you but it bounced. Don't think I edited your
address correctly.
--
June Hughes

Old 17-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:22 +0000, Judith Lea
wrote:

...I am still here but don't post much since I had a really
vicious email sometime back from someone who disagreed with my view on
nasty postings.

One of my internet activities is keeping an eye on
news.newusers.questions, a newsgroup theoretically to helping new
users of newsgroups with their questions. (As if that weren't
obvious!)

Every so often someone roars in all upset because somebody was mean to
them in a newsgroup posting or by email. The standard response is
"it's not real life; it's usenet; don't take it too seriously."

I get nastygrams once in a while; the nastier they are, the faster I
click "delete" and move on to more entertaining topics. Such messages
often suggest that the sender has serious social maladjustments, and
there's simply no point engaging with such idiots.

So don't let a vicious email hold you back from posting; that someone
got upset suggests that you managed to hit some nail or other squarely
on the head. Good for you.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada
Old 17-11-2004, 09:58 PM
June Hughes

In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Judith Lea leaeeeeeee
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

Well, there is Judith and me as well. Strange we all posted at the same
time. Does Jane Ransom still post here?

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

Yep - but when I can come, you will have disappeared across the
channel!!

Hello Jane. Hope you are well and the moles are not giving you too much
grief.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Mike

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

--
Judith Lea

Judith, when I had a large garden I noticed that the moles entered on the
North side and made all of their tracks/burrows towards the South.

Any comments? From Judith or anyone?

Mike

Old 18-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

Judith, when I had a large garden I noticed that the moles entered on the
North side and made all of their tracks/burrows towards the South.

Any comments? From Judith or anyone?

Those aren't moley moles - they're the Scottish Underground moving in.

Old 18-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Peter Stockdale

" The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, I shall certainly get
involved a bit more - and yes Jane Ransom does post here and I am still
taking her advice regarding moles but I still haven't caught one - Jane
fancy a weekend in Norfolk sometime???

Judith, when I had a large garden I noticed that the moles entered on the
North side and made all of their tracks/burrows towards the South.

Any comments? From Judith or anyone?

Those aren't moley moles - they're the Scottish Underground moving in.

--
Rusty

Was it in autumn you noticed this ?
Perhaps they were migrating for a more comfy time over the winter.

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 18-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered User

[quote=Andy Mabbett]Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, snip thanks.
--
Andy Mabbett

Er, well I've seen something akin to modern day Galoshes in many of the B&Q stores and they are creeping into more and more of the independents too. Navy blue seems to be the 'in' colour right now, although green does also look like its making a comeback, LOL ;-)

Hope it helps :-)

Maxi
Old 21-11-2004, 05:50 PM
MG

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:43:35 +0000, Andy Mabbett
wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

Hi

Lidl sell them about twice a year in their 'Specials' deals. I HAVE
had a pair FOR LAST TWO SUMMERS BUT THEY ARE ON THEIR LAST LEGS NOW
(whoops caps lock) as I trip in and out back door so many times a day
and often trip over slipping them on in too much haste! Also the inner
liners get worn and break up. Good news is they only cost £2.99 a
pair! So I got a second pair this time to take over and will do same
next deal day. They are clog-like so be careful of colour as you could
look a bit of a DopeyDutchman!

MG

**REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!