Old 20-11-2004, 04:22 PM
HH

Default Gardening computer program?

This question has probably been asked before, but I'm new to the newsgroup.
Is there a computer program in which one can set up a garden layout in the
program and identify plants by location? That is, I want a birds-eye view of
the garden, with each plant shown by an ID of some sort in its proper place.
The ID symbols would be listed elsewhere and the plant identified. I have
drawings of the garden, with the various plants identified in the beds, but
when I add new plants and transplant others, the drawings become hopelessly
muddled. Any advice would be most appreciated.

--
Harlan
---

Old 20-11-2004, 04:37 PM
JennyC

"HH" wrote in message
This question has probably been asked before, but I'm new to the newsgroup.
Is there a computer program in which one can set up a garden layout in the
program and identify plants by location? That is, I want a birds-eye view of
the garden, with each plant shown by an ID of some sort in its proper place.
The ID symbols would be listed elsewhere and the plant identified. I have
drawings of the garden, with the various plants identified in the beds, but
when I add new plants and transplant others, the drawings become hopelessly
muddled. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Harlan

Hi
I think most people here will answer that pen and paper is the best
method.........

However if you make a plan of the garden on heavy duty paper, then lay
transparent paper over that and put in numbers for each plant in pencil, you can
then:

1) Keep derails of the plant in a spreadsheet
2) Rub out and re-write the numbers as you add or move things
3) You can also draw up totally new planting schemes without messing up the
original plan of the garden.

HTH Jenny

Old 20-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Max Wright

In message JaKnd.122268$R05.87689@attbi_s53, HH
writes
This question has probably been asked before, but I'm new to the newsgroup.
Is there a computer program in which one can set up a garden layout in the
program and identify plants by location? That is, I want a birds-eye view of
the garden, with each plant shown by an ID of some sort in its proper place.
The ID symbols would be listed elsewhere and the plant identified. I have
drawings of the garden, with the various plants identified in the beds, but
when I add new plants and transplant others, the drawings become hopelessly
muddled. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Although it's primarily intended for vegetable growers, you might find
that Plotcrop will do most of what you want. Please see the url below
for details.
--
Max Wright
www.plotcrop.co.uk