Old 01-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Martin Brown

Default Greenhouse repairs

In the light of the recent severe storms it may be of interest how I
keep materials to hand for instant repair of small amounts of winter
storm damage. A quick temporary repair prevents further damage. It is
also a useful way to fit permanent repairs to inaccessible high parts of
the greenhouse roof apex from the inside.

http://www.nezumi.demon.co.uk/garden/gizmos/ghouse.htm

My repair efforts were overwhelmed by the great Xmas storm of 1997 but
this trick still allowed me to rebuild half the wrecked greenhouse in
just a couple of days. I hope it helps others minimise storm damage too.
Expanded polystyrene sheet sold for cavity wall insulation is another
cheap easily worked and rigid insulating material useful for plugging
gaps caused by broken panes.

Any other recommendations out there for ways of making greenhouses more
robust ?

Regards,
Martin Brown