Old 22-11-2004, 10:28 AM
o'Really

Default Best time of year to be laying turf?

Apart from a small border, our back garden is a bleak and barren
expanse of concrete and paving slabs (no doubt the previous owners
thought it a good idea, but Heaven knows why).

Initially we simply want to remove all the concrete and slabs, and
replace with a lawned area. Because of the area involved, this will
certainly require the use of a mechanical excavator (and we will be
looking to get the work done professionally, anyway).

So, to finally get to my question (and to demonstrate just how little
I know about these kind of things!), can I assume that this is totally
the wrong time of year to be doing this kind of work?

Would a professional landscaper run a mile at the thought of doing
this now? If so, when is the best time to be undertaking this sort of
landscaping work? And, apart from sticking a pin in the yellow pages,
are there any recommendations for choosing somebody to do the job (in
the absence of any personal recommendations)?

Time of year to lay turf Andrew United Kingdom 2 03-08-2005 05:42 PM
Laying Turf - Need to rotavate or just feed topsoil before laying pzboyz United Kingdom 1 03-06-2005 08:39 AM
Turf laying prep Pigling United Kingdom 7 13-06-2003 09:44 AM
Turf laying costs? dmc United Kingdom 1 09-04-2003 02:20 PM
Laying Turf Stephen Macintyre United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 11:47 AM