Old 24-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Hunting is banned!

"Lensman" wrote in message
(Haggus the orriblulus) wrote :

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:21:46 +0000 (UTC), Lensman
wrote:

"Mole" wrote :

"Haggus the orriblulus" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:04:52 +0000 (UTC), "Mole"
wrote:

"Professor Ludwig" wrote in message
om...
Hunting is banned!

Yawn! It's been banned in Scotland for a while now. Strange then that
'all' of the Scottish Hunts are still going strong and the number of
foxes
killed has er, doubled.
No doubt the English ban will also turn out to be such a resounding
success.
What a pity that your pointless campaign has resulted in twice the
suffering
for the very creatures that you are, supposedly, trying to protect.
You
and
your like sir, are not animal lovers, merely agitators.

Dont be such a sore loser.

A loser? What have I lost? Certainly not the 'pleasure' of fox hunting
since I have never been to a fox hunt nor ever felt the slightest desire
do so. The animal rights movement has lost, even now laws are being
formulated that will sevrely curtail their activities and
finance-gathering.
The fox hunters have lost (for the moment) but they will prevail
eventually
as the ban is an unenforceable law. And the fox? Ah yes, good old
Reynard
the 'winner', he must be feeling really pleased that he will no longer
be
hunted by hounds. No doubt he is looking forward to an agonising death
after being shot, poisoned or trapped instead. The ban is a massive
own-goal for the AR movement, don't take my word for it, remove your
blinkers and read the fox-kill figures for Scotland since the ban came
into
force there.

The AR people apparently operate by 'intuition', so facts are of no interest
to them.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 24-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Lensman

"Tumbleweed" wrote :

.. .

news:bm97q0du69lfhorlud2fhen655v408suca@4ax. com...
[...]

Maybe we could test the facts on animals ?

Old 24-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Tumbleweed

"BAC" wrote in message

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:25:08 +0000, Oz
wrote:

One function of a working democracy is to allow freedom for minorities
within it, where what they do does not affect others.

That's nothing to do with the definition of democracy. It's just
majority rule - no more, no less.

Are there any democratically governed countries, then, i.e. ones where
each
and every decision is put to a popular vote so one can actually determine
the majority position on any given question?

Switzerland?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 24-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Tumbleweed

"Oz" wrote in message
Rooney writes

Facts are facts. It was you that started quoting figures - you must
have been surprised when they supported what I said.

Only in urban areas.

Not the natural habitat of a fox.

It is now.

Old 24-11-2004, 10:09 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Oz" wrote in message
Rooney writes

Facts are facts. It was you that started quoting figures - you must
have been surprised when they supported what I said.

Only in urban areas.

Not the natural habitat of a fox.

er - maybe not, Oz, but we have a LOT (that's an exact number!)

They seem to have adapted to our conditions - including my chickens.

Sadly, we can't have the hunt so we've had to spend a LOT on fencing, time
and effort to protect our food providers.

Mary

Humph! And there was me thinking of buying an Eggloo (sp) on your
say-so
--
June Hughes

Old 25-11-2004, 11:50 AM
BAC

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

wrote:

One function of a working democracy is to allow freedom for minorities
within it, where what they do does not affect others.

That's nothing to do with the definition of democracy. It's just
majority rule - no more, no less.

Are there any democratically governed countries, then, i.e. ones where
each
and every decision is put to a popular vote so one can actually

determine
the majority position on any given question?

Switzerland?

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, I'll have to investigate.

Old 29-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Rooney

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:10:33 -0000, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

John Cartmell wrote:
[...]

I wonder if anybody spotted my message asking if you'd mind snipping
uk.rec.gardening out of the very long list of groups this discussion
is being posted to? Nothing against the discussion, but we don't seem
to be joining in, and it does rather fill the screen.

Thanks,
Mike.

Done.

Old 29-11-2004, 10:34 PM
John Cartmell

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
[...]

I wonder if anybody spotted my message asking if you'd mind snipping
uk.rec.gardening out of the very long list of groups this discussion
is being posted to? Nothing against the discussion, but we don't seem
to be joining in, and it does rather fill the screen.

Sorry!

--
John Cartmell john@ followed by finnybank.com FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
Qercus magazine & FD Games www.finnybank.com www.acornuser.com