Old 28-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered User

Smile

Ummmmmm - why not plant on your side of the fence ??

Reason for not planting on my side of fence was that it would take quite a long period and training to get the plants that high up and then twining through the mess on their side. Well obviously I wanted to plant on my side as well (in fact I just ordered my trellis bargain at https://www.cannockgates.co.uk/dragn...ETAIL_MTMG8 2 and free delivery if you order more than 10 panels). However I just had a brainwave this morning. As the space between the two fences is overgrown and reaches at least 3/4 of the way to the top of my fence anyway I can start off a selection of bright climbers in a window box/trough and then in spring I can lower the whole tray over the back fence and hopefully they'll all start covering up/disguising the ugliness without having to fight their way right up through it all (which was probably a tall order in the first place). Hooray! I can't wait for spring now in fact I almost want to go and buy a tiny greenhouse so I can start things off now but I have quite a small garden anyway so I mustn't be rash and better think it through properly.