Old 03-11-2002, 12:51 PM
Rhombus DeVille

Default Miniature Dahlias

Hi,

Next year I would like to grow a few August flowering miniature dahlias in
my borders. I particularly like the deep burgundy red varieties and have
only found 'Jo's Choice' which appears to be scarlet. Any recommendations
for plants and suppliers would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Rhombus DeVille

Old 03-11-2002, 02:12 PM

Deville check your search engine punch in Dahlia directory lots of
suppliers of dahlias. Once you grow a Dahlia you will be hooked on
growing them every year. I have been growing dahlias for 11 years.

Old 03-11-2002, 03:41 PM
William Tasso

wrote:
Deville check your search engine punch in Dahlia directory lots of
suppliers of dahlias. Once you grow a Dahlia you will be hooked on
growing them every year. ...

LOL - them's not dahlias, them's that mary dew anna.

--
William Tasso - The road to hell is littered with fallen webmasters.
http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 04-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Paul England

Hi Rhombus
I`m not too familiar with all species of Dahlias, but are these the same as
`Dwarf Growing` ?
There are great pics of above,plus ball,cactus etc on
www.wgltd
Best regards Paul England and apols for top-posting.

Old 05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
david

I think the ones you are referring to to grow to about 9 to 12 inches and
have small fully double flowers like miniature roses.
They come in a range of colours white pink and red,
Try the link below to see if this is what you are thinking about

http://members.lycos.co.uk/taffy4u2/

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 05-11-2002, 07:57 AM
david

Sorry folks the link is not as it should be, but there are 7 pics hidden
there, you have to play with the headings on the top left.

Old 05-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Paul England

Apologies

Full address of yesterday`s posting ,should have been
www.wgltd.co.uk

"Paul England" wrote in message
Hi Rhombus
I`m not too familiar with all species of Dahlias, but are these the same

as
`Dwarf Growing` ?
There are great pics of above,plus ball,cactus etc on
snip

Old 05-11-2002, 10:02 PM
david

For an easy to view set of Dahlia pictures try the link below, and enjoy.

Another 30 or so to be added soon--

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 05-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , david
writes
For an easy to view set of Dahlia pictures try the link below, and enjoy.

Another 30 or so to be added soon--

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

The best miniature dahlia I have come across is Moor Park, (I think it's
called, a deep burgundy and is a very tight pom pom and good enough to
have in a border.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 06-11-2002, 01:01 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"david" wrote in message ...
For an easy to view set of Dahlia pictures try the link below, and enjoy.

Another 30 or so to be added soon--

Whilst on your subject David, we have "Bergers Record" a Ferrari red cactus
as you might expect, and wondered if there were any more named after F1
drivers?

--
Bob
http://www.pooleygreengrowers.org.uk/ about an allotment site

Old 06-11-2002, 10:29 PM
DaveDay34

Whilst on your subject David, we have "Bergers Record" a Ferrari red cactus as
you might expect, and wondered if there were any more named after F1 drivers?

Would these be F1 Hybrids by any chance?

(Hoping this isn't too poor an excuse for a joke).

Dave.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:56 PM
david

Would these be F1 Hybrids by any chance?

Think it should be a brooommmmmmm.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 07-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"david" wrote in message

Would these be F1 Hybrids by any chance?

Think it should be a brooommmmmmm.

wish I hadn't mentioned it now. :-)

potted miniature roses Dick E. Roses 6 22-03-2011 11:09 PM
Miniature Onc. question Miika Sillsten Orchids 1 14-02-2003 10:39 AM
[IBC] miniature ficus Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 12-02-2003 02:25 PM
miniature ficus Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 06:25 PM
Indoor Miniature Roses A Stafford Roses 2 06-02-2003 09:06 PM